yahoomail

rfs9999

IMAP Tools
Yes, it seems that Yahoo is having problems. Sometime this morning I started getting the following error when connecting to their IMAP server on the SSL port (993):

Error connecting to imap.yahoo.com: IO::Socket::INET6 configuration failed

-Rick

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Do you prefer and try the IPv6 record first or did that happen because the connection using IPv4 failed?

Technically looking at both the A and AAAA responses they both come back as CNAMEs, but I'm still wondering if you have an ipv6 vs ipv4 preference in your scripting based on the error above.

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;imap.mail.yahoo.com. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
imap.mail.yahoo.com. 145 IN CNAME imap4-rr.mail.global.gm0.yahoodns.net.
imap4-rr.mail.global.gm0.yahoodns.net. 145 IN CNAME imap4-rr.mail.any.am0.yahoodns.net.
imap4-rr.mail.any.am0.yahoodns.net. 145 IN CNAME imap4-rr.mail.us.am0.yahoodns.net.
imap4-rr.mail.us.am0.yahoodns.net. 145 IN A 66.196.81.222
imap4-rr.mail.us.am0.yahoodns.net. 145 IN A 98.138.227.202
imap4-rr.mail.us.am0.yahoodns.net. 145 IN A 67.195.13.49

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;imap.mail.yahoo.com. IN AAAA

;; ANSWER SECTION:
imap.mail.yahoo.com. 136 IN CNAME imap4-rr.mail.global.gm0.yahoodns.net.
imap4-rr.mail.global.gm0.yahoodns.net. 136 IN CNAME imap4-rr.mail.any.am0.yahoodns.net.
imap4-rr.mail.any.am0.yahoodns.net. 136 IN CNAME imap4-rr.mail.us.am0.yahoodns.net.

rfs9999

IMAP Tools
Well, I am not sure what is going on. My web just got an SSL upgrade so that might be the reason; however, I have no trouble connecting to Outlook.com or Gmail on the SSL IMAP port, just Yahoo.

My code has a preference for IPV4. The following code snippet specifies an IPV4 connection: 'Domain => AF_INET'.

$$conn = IO::Socket::SSL->new(
Proto => "tcp",
SSL_verify_mode => 0x00,
PeerAddr => $host,
PeerPort => $port,
Domain => AF_INET,
);

The odd thing is that unlike my web site my test server is not having trouble making an SSL connection to Yahoo. So I am not certain what is going on.

-Rick