Yahoo Mail Knows My Full Name

anonprivate

Valued Member
Yahoo mail knows my full name, Yet my full name does not appear anywhere in Yahoo

How can I remove my surname. I need to trace the source first.

Please advise.

PS. I have tried all the options in the cog, e.g, accounts

anonprivate

Valued Member
My interface does not look like the picture you provided, but I found the accounts feature via the cog.

I noted previously, that only my first name is listed here, yet Yahoo Mail knows my surname as well. I have no Yahoo Address Book.

anonprivate

Valued Member
My screen looks like your update. I have a Linkedin account, and it is listed, but I didn't co-ordinate it.

I pick up my full name when I send a message (compose - To). If I put an initial in it list people including my full name. This is how I know that Yahoo know my full name

I would like to remove my surname.

Best wishes.

anonprivate

Valued Member
I was using the full version.

I changed to the basic version and followed Theresa. Only my first name appears.

I have now switched back to the full version.

Could it somehow pick up my surname from Linkedin. If so, how can I stop this?

Thanks

anonprivate

Valued Member
Just a little more information.

I am noting my full name when I put the first letter of my name into the 'To' box wnen sending a message. I believe that this is the autosuggest function of Yahoo Mail.

I can delete the suggestion, but I don't think this will delete my full name from Yahoo Mail

I have tried all the suggestions but my full name remains when I type the initial letter of my name into the 'To' box (auto suggest)

THERESA

Customer Service
Although it seems to "know" your full name when you're typing in the "to" box it shouldn't apply for anyone who would be sending an email to you. It seems your account remembers it for some reason but someone sending an email to you shouldn't have that happening on their end.

Although you feel that it knows your full name, it won't show up on auto suggestion for someone else sending an email to you. Are you concerned that it's showing up in your suggestions? (Only you can see that) The only thing other people can see is the name you choose to show. (Mine is only my initials) When I send an email the "FROM" line shows TMD. Are you trying to stop the auto suggestion when you're sending an email even though nobody else can see it?

anonprivate

Valued Member
What surprises me is the fact that I have never given Yahoo my name!

I wonder if Yahoo could have picked up my name from messages sent to me that contain my name?

compleo

Valued Member
When you registered with Yahoo mail you used an e mail addy,did it contain your name?

Do you use yahoo pulse with your name?

compleo

Valued Member
They had to grab your name from somewhere,maybe you used your phone when signing up etc.

They have zero respect for peoples privacy & they scan the address book for data.This is the very reason i will not use the high profile/high target e mail providers.I practice the same with search engines & browsers,one needs to be more pro active today protecting their personal info.