yahoo mail in Windows Live Mail

en14vn

New Email
Hi, I'm using windows Live Mail and I would like to use Yahoo mail in Windows Live Mail. I have tried using YPOPS, but it could not work. I have followed the direction on their website but it still doesn't work. I got this error message:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Yahoo account. The connection to the server has failed.

Server: '127.0.0.1'
Windwos Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10061

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks

en14vn

New Email
I have uninstalled YPOPS and followed the instructions again. It says that:

YOur POP3 server has not responded in 60 seconds. Would you like to wait for another 60 seconds for the server to respond?

Account: ....
Server: 127.0.0.1

What should I do now?

Thanks.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Is YPOPS running? Did you reboot after reinstalling YPOPS?

I don't think it's the problem but you can also try increasing the incoming mail server timeout in your mail program from 1 to 3 minutes.

Check both your anti-virus software and firewall to make sure you are not blocking tcp port 110.

en14vn

New Email
I have restarted, and tried removing my account and added again, it still doesn't work. But, I don't know how to check whether my tcp port 110 is blocked though. I have avast antivirus and Microsoft Security Essential.

bohlingball

New Email
Probably also not cure to problem but...you need to decide which anti-virus(Avast or MSE) you want to run and disable (uninstall) the other

IM2GR84U2H8ON

New Email
:hammer:I got the EXACT same problem with no solution...Did you ever figure it out? Funny how everyone stopped helping you. I wonder if it's even possible anymore.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
It is possible for some people. YPOPS is not a solution that works for everyone. A Yahoo Mail member trying to use YPOPS may also need to work through firewall and anti-virus program configurations to get it working. The guide that is linked to from post #2 is a good starting point. Good luck!