Yahoo Mail Can't Load Many of My Folders

larrymcg

Valued Member
Using Yahoo Mail via Firefox V42.0 on Win7. In the last few days, Yahoo Mail can't load many of my folders. It just shows the busy signal and finally says it seems to be taking a long time. Yeah, like a minute or longer. Retry does not fix it. Reloading the tab does not help. Restarting mail does not help. Restarting Firefox does not help. Clearing the cache helped once but only for a few minutes. Subsequent cache clearing did not help at all. I have the same issue on a Win 10 system.

I can do a search of a problem folder and it shows all the emails in the folder and they can be read from the search results. All folders are OK when accessed by the Mail App on my iPad. A quick test via IE was OK but since I don't use IE I don't know if it would continue to work or not.

Suggestions?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I broke out the Windows 7 PC and the good news is that I can't reproduce the problem.

There was some fuss a couple weeks ago about Yahoo blocking users with Ad Blockers enabled.

Any chance you have something like Adblock Plus installed? If yes, what happens if you disable it, only on Yahoo, and reload the page?

larrymcg

Valued Member
Yes, I have ABP. I have tried disabling on mail. I have run in safe mode with all extensions (including ABP) disabled. No joy!

Note that this same issue is present on my Win 10 system too. That system is using a different Yahoo user.

Yahoo mail isn't blocking me from accessing my mail. I have about 20 folders and I can't get to about 6 of them. The others are fine. I can use the mail search to see what is in those folders and retrieve the messages.

-- Larry

PS: This thread had 5 or 6 messages in it - some from me and some from others. This morning they were all gone except for the original post and the reply from popowich. Never seen that before. Did someone delete them?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I'll do some more testing w/ Yahoo to see if I can duplicate the problem.

This thread didn't have any other posts, nothing was deleted. Maybe you were viewing another thread too?

larrymcg

Valued Member
Thanks for the help. You are right about the thread -- I got confused about which thread I was working on. Old age.....

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Larry,

I created some mail folders with 100 emails but can't reproduce the issue.

If you want help troubleshooting, I'd be happy to do a screen share and try to figure this out.

larrymcg

Valued Member
I have been kind of disappointed with Firefox for some time so I have switched to Google Chrome. I did test with Firefox V43.xxx and the mail was still a problem (but classic mail was still fine). For now, I'm just going to continue on with Chrome which is working fine.
Thanks for your help,
Larry

larrymcg

Valued Member
I tested Yahoo Mail with Firefox V43.0.2 and it has been working fine for several days. So now I'm back on Firefox.
-- Larry