Yahoo email question

Unsure

New Email
Was wondering if you could help. My friend could not get into their email (Yahoo) and got locked out of the recovery section after not remembering their answers too many times. (Lock out 24 hours) However, two hours later they remembered their password and went to yahoo mail log in and logged in (After again getting it wrong a few times) and could see their email. Would anything happen to their account after being able to log in normally before the recovery lock out time was over.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Your friends account should still have been receiving email normally while it was temporarily locked out for too many failed login attempts. Did they later remember their security answers? Was the password changed? A unexpected password change and/or not knowing the answers to your security questions is potentially a sign that the account had been compromised and someone else also had access to their account for some period of time.

-Raymond

Unsure

New Email
They could not remember their password so went to the recovery info. Forgot their secret answers until it said the account was locked out for 24 hours. (And that hey did not have an alter email anyway)

Two hours later they rememebered their original password and went to the main log in page where they entered the password. Even though the recovery part said they were lockedout for 24 hours, entering the right password that they remembed got them into their account where they could read their email. Afraid they might have done something wrong by remebering their password before the locked out time was over and getingo their email, they signed out and are waiting the rest of the 24 hours to log in normally.

Did they do something wrong by remembeing their log in info and going into their email normally after the recovery part said the account was locked.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

If they are able to access their email with their original password everything sounds good to me.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you. :)

-Raymond

Unsure

New Email
Thanks. They were worried because they were able to log in normally despite it not being the full 24 hours lock out was over from when they could not remember their password and secret answers. They did not want Yahoo to think they broke into their own email and did something wrong (Like work around the lockout) When only the recovery part said they were locked out.

If they were truly locked out wouldn't it had said that when they were able to log in normally. (They switch their passwords often and forgot them so much that it was only after the lockout started that they remembered the right one and could get in)

mjisa

New Email
Email has locked for more than 24 hours because someone tried to hack into it. When I get on to try and log on, I get sent to the secret questions page where it is asking a question I never answered. What can I do?:(