Yahoo email line spacing problem

wollmann

New Email
I am using the New Yahoo Mail Beta. When composing an email previously each line was single spaced. Today, for no apparant reason, the spacing has changed to double space. I am unable to find anywhere to select spacing and get it back to single space. Any suggestions?

jengerard

New Email
It does not surprise me that there is no reply listed here. I too have the same question and have not been able to find answers. This is exactly why I downgraded from Yahoo Mail Plus. There is no support whatsoever from Yahoo. Like the way there mail is set up, but may have to switch to Gmail soon. I would be happy to pay $20 a year if I got some support but why pay $20 for nothing?

Would love an answer to the question below, I have single or random spacing.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Yahoo Mail Beta is not the same as Yahoo Mail Plus

Beta was the latest version of the interface at the time, Plus is the paid service.

Here is some more info about Live Support and Customer Service contacts for Yahoo Mail Plus.

As for the original post, about line spacing, is this still a problem?

If you use the link near the right of the compose screen to switch between rich and plain text does that fix the problem?

Last edited:

jengerard

New Email
I actually don't know what version of Yahoo Mail I have now, I just switched to regular Yahoo Mail about 2 weeks ago. There is no link to the right of the "compose" button that I can find to switch between rich and plain text. I actually compose important or long emails in Word and then copy and paste them into the body of the email. Using Yahoo's random formatting looks very unprofessional or cluttered.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Are you pasting more than plain text into Yahoo?

What is weird about the formatting?

jengerard

New Email
No, I am not pasting more than plain test into my emails. Pasting from Word is how I make my emails look good. Simply just composing an email is when the spacing starts to get crazy. Mostly only in longer emails. I took a screenshot image of my mail so you could see what version I have. I was trying to find an email with bad spacing but as I said, if they start to get too long I write them in Word and copy an paste them back. Sorry thought there was a way to upload an image here, but apparently not.

THERESA

Customer Service
(you have to click on either "post reply" at the bottom of Popowich's post or click on "go advanced" at the bottom of the reply box in order to get the paperclip to show up to post a picture)

jengerard

New Email
I'm sorry, I don't see a paperclip icon in this toolbar above.
Are you wanting me to send you a message in another way?

THERESA

Customer Service
You can click on each of the 3 screenshots below to enlarge them

Click on one of these two choices to reply with full editor to show up

choose one to reply.jpg

Click on the paperclip icon, click on browse, select picture, open, click upload

paperclip browse submit.jpg

go back to paperclip icon and click on the name of the picture you uploaded

go back to paperclip.jpg

jengerard

New Email
I think you guys lost the point here. I never had a problem sending a screenshot in Yahoo Mail, only in this "quick Reply". Please go back and reread my original problem and subsequent responses. I need to know how to change the line spacing in an email as mine does random spacing. Why isn't there a line spacing button, like there is in Word to change the spacing?
I think I need a screen "shot"!

THERESA

Customer Service
I took a screenshot image of my mail so you could see what version I have. Sorry thought there was a way to upload an image here, but apparently not.

You said you took a screenshot but apparently there wasn't a way to upload an image on the site so I made you a tutorial. Does every post of yours have to be condescending?

Last edited:
I am using the New Yahoo Mail Beta. When composing an email previously each line was single spaced. Today, for no apparant reason, the spacing has changed to double space. I am unable to find anywhere to select spacing and get it back to single space. Any suggestions?
Wow, I see this was originally posted in Oct 2012 - Now it's Oct 2019 7 years later with this same issue of double spacing. This is happening in my Draft folder after the 2nd line was entered. I'm on the regular version of Yahoo Mail. Not Beta or Plus. It's still happening 7 years later again. Doesn't 7 years happen to something of bad luck? Who knew. Maybe Yahoo Support imposes this issue to protect their employment from being cut.