Yahoo Business email received only by Director

CPImmanuel

New Email
I am trying to help a small non-profit with IT needs. They have set up Yahoo business email accounts for all their staff members. For some reason, the staff members are unable to receive any emails. They can send emails. All email sent to them go to the Director's email account. To verify this for myself, I had the director setup an email account for me (paul@guidinglightsnc.org) and then I went into Yahoo mail and sent myself an email. I also sent myself an email from a non-yahoo account. She received both my emails, but I did not get them!!! I checked my client settings and just in case it was something in my client, I tried Yahoo web mail, but had the same results.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Paul Immanuel

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Paul,

Did their email accounts ever work? Do they have 1 account with the catch-all feature enabled?

Here is the Yahoo Business guide about catchalls - What is a catch-all mailbox? - Yahoo! Small Business Help

Also, check your email account for a forward. Since you can login it sounds like it's possible there are real accounts with forwards on them?

Can you post the full email headers (yahoo) from one of the emails to see if it's being delivered through several accounts or delivering direct to the director's account?

:welcome: to Email Questions!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Also, it appears that business accounts may need to be activated before they go active. I'm still thinking a combination of a catchall + inactive accounts could be creating the problem you described. Was your account activated after it was created?

CPImmanuel

New Email
I have checked the setting for the catch-all, and it is NOT set. I have also logged in as the administrator and checked to see if the email accounts have been activated. Most of them are shown as "active".

It is somewhat of a puzzle.

I have asked the Director to forward me one of the emails so I can post the headers.

Paul

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
You will lose the headers if they forward you the email.

You would be getting the headers of the email forwarded to you.

They can follow the directions and forward you the full email headers though.

CPImmanuel

New Email
Hi. I forgot to mention that their email accounts have never worked in terms of receiving mail. They can only send mail. I have checked and re-checked their mail client settings. They cannot see the mail via Yahoo webmail either.

Paul

CPImmanuel

New Email
Right! i realized that as soon as I posted this and have sent the Director an email asking her to copy and paste it on to an email to me!

Thanks,
Paul