wrong time on emails

Zauny

Valued Member
The time on few of my users workstations is wrong, hence their emails are received with future time or appears to be an old email(because the date is in the past). How can I have my mail server stamp these emails with the correct time (local time). I've tried the suggestion at Mahmoud Ibrahim Blog: How to overwrite client time in the email using postfix but it didn't work for me, my mail server stop responding I gad to comment it out. any other suggestion will be greatly appreciated...

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Zauny,

Try installing an NTP client on your users workstations to help keep their clocks correct.

That's a unix / linux answer, it's possibe Windows workstations within a corporate domain have a built in way to sync with the domain controllers so you only need to keep the Windows DC's clocks correct with NTP.

Zauny

Valued Member
Hi Popowich,

It is the users outside my domain I have an issues with. I was hoping for a Postfix solutions but it seems I will have to go with the workaround...

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
How many users? Can you convince them to use NTP clients and fix their workstations?

I'd think fixing at the source is better for them overall and also fixes the problem with wrong dates on their email.

Zauny

Valued Member
It's only three users I have this issue with. The problem is that one of my executives is making a fuss about this. So Whiles I can fix these three workstations and report the issue resolved should it occur again with other workstations it will be an even greater issue.