Work in Progress

Do you think our new design better than existing?

• Old one way much better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

compleo

Valued Member
I think this is expected behavior, but not for the reason you're thinking. The service only allows 1 login at a time. For example, for security reasons it's coded to not allow you to login at the same time from multiple web browsers. I'm thinking the best fix is you have the blog and other links open in a new tab instead of clobbering your email login. Does that sound like a good solution to you too?

The thing is i'm never able to log in,every time i try i'm redirected to the Scrypt e mail account.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
It's an email login button. Users can't login to the blog. Maybe I'm not understanding the issue or expectation correctly?

compleo

Valued Member
Minor aesthetic question: shouldn't the 'back' arrow be facing the other way?

View attachment 2289

Mine looks like this--->
scrypt 2.JPG

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
What size monitor are you on? There are some layout differences between mobile, square, and wide screen monitors.

I'm able to reproduce the problem on wide screen and added it to the bug list.

foggy

Valued Member
Noted and added to the bug list. Yes, when a new email is started the arrow should be pointing the other way. BTW, it's not a back arrow, it's for expanding the compose window over the inbox to make that screen bigger, at least on wide screen monitors.

Hi, Ray

That's good to know about the compose window. :) But my screenshot wasn't a new email; it was an opened message being viewed. I was looking at an Amazon receipt in my Archive folder when I snagged it. Clicking on the right-facing arrow (without deleting the message) takes me "back" to the message list. That's why I thought it should be left-facing.

Scott

SCRYPTmail

Email Service Provider
This is a bug happen on some sreen sizes or when window get re-sized. It's not an easy fix, and please gives us some time to fix arrow direction.
@compleo would you please confirm you not able to login into your account?

compleo

Valued Member
This is a bug happen on some sreen sizes or when window get re-sized. It's not an easy fix, and please gives us some time to fix arrow direction.
@compleo would you please confirm you not able to login into your account?

I'm able to log in to the Scrypt account,i think i figured it out.When i use Tutanota & log in,sometimes i check out the web site & i have to sign in to post.I assumed Scrypt was the same.

foggy

Valued Member

As I say, it's a minor aesthetic thing. And since it works it's really not a big deal at the moment. Take care of bigger things first.

Thanks, Sergei!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
The arrow was fixed yesterday. Knocking out some of the easy stuff too while tackling the things.

foggy

Valued Member
The arrow was fixed yesterday. Knocking out some of the easy stuff too while tackling the things.

Not for me just yet. Maybe it has to be fully rolled out? No big deal.

Anyway, another nice thing about the new system: I had been having trouble getting any mail sent to my FastMail account to auto-forward to Scryptmail. Well, that has apparently been fixed! Thanks, Sergei! :D

nntnm

New Email
My account ended up completely deadlocked after reception of some incoming email message with attachment. After web interface has loaded I can see message list, but can't interact with it. Its not possible to read any message, post message or even logout. Also, each time I log in, unread incoming messages keep duplicating in the inbox.
Developer tools reveal the web interface is locked after sending an XHR POST request with a body of 150+ KBytes:
Code:
POST XHR https://scryptmail.com/api/saveNewEmailV2 [HTTP/1.1 504 Gateway Time-out 300191ms]
After 30 seconds HTTP 504 is returned from the server and "Error Please Try again later" error message appears. Interface becomes live for several moments just before another
Code:
POST XHR https://scryptmail.com/api/saveNewEmailV2
request blocks it out for the next 30 seconds or more.
Please do something to fix it.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi @nntnm

We pushed out a fix. Please clear your cache / force restart your web browser and log back in.

Please let us know if the problem if fixed for your account.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

compleo

Valued Member
I type in the "to" box & it covers the "subject" box,as in autocomplete.The issue is if i move the cursor to the message/subject box & the e mail addy i just typed disappears.

SCRYPT 1.JPG

I also believe the spinning icon used to be blue,it's now black...
scrypt 2.JPG

Why does the "from" box have a drop down menu,is this for alias/DE account.

Last edited: