WLM 2011, multiple accounts/ Vcards - attach business card

motochains

New Email
In windows live mail 2011, I figured out the html signatures, set them up for multiple accounts, each account uses the appropriate one, set up my business card, vcard, but it appears there is only one and the same one is sent from both accounts I have, personal and business. Does anyone know how to select or differentiate accounts for the business card?? Had it set up fine in Outloox Express, but had to change w/ a compt upgrade. Spent days on this and there is such a minimal amount of information about WML... Please help!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi motochains,

Although it is possible to create multiple signatures in WLM, I do not believe it is possible to configure multiple business cards in Windows Live Mail.

It might be possible to have multiple .VCF files, and then you could manually copy them into the file location WLM checks when loading.

I have not tested this yet but it's worth a shot.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

motochains

New Email
really looking for my personal email not to include the other emails business card, rather than having two vcards.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I do not think this is possible with Windows Live Mail.

Have you considered using another email program such as Mozilla Thunderbird for your personal email?

If you really like Windows Live Mail maybe you could setup two logins on your computer one that has your Windows Live Mail configured for your personal account and another configured for your business/work account?

I'll try copying WLM into a second folder and see if two instances can be run from the same Windows 7 login.

Stay tuned... :)

motochains

New Email
It's not that I like WML but more like Outlook Express wasn't included w/ windows 7 package. Which is the worse-er evil uninstalling IE 9 then installing IE 6, use the email client, then upgrade to IE 9 again or learn and work w/ WML? I'm begining to think it's not possible too, but WML does have some advantages like both email accounts on at once which was always a downfall before. I think it is a shame that I had to use the old computer and Outlook express to create the html in the source screen and send it to my new computer for my siggy, nothing I tried in WML worked...