windows vista startup Non 7-Zip archive

shootemup56

New Email
Hi Im new to this site,so bear with me;;;;;; When i boot up my computer this message comes up,I have windows vista OS the message is Non7-Zip archive,how can I get rid of this. Thank You

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
What programs are in your start group?

Try going to your control panel and typing "startup" in the search box.

From there you can disable programs that you don't think should start when Vista starts.

Did this information help to fix the problem?

:welcome: to Email Questions!

shootemup56

New Email
What programs are in your start group?

Try going to your control panel and typing "startup" in the search box.

From there you can disable programs that you don't think should start when Vista starts.

Did this information help to fix the problem?

:welcome: to Email Questions!
hi I really dont understand what you are saying,i typed in startup and a bunch of stuff came up,can you explain a little better,its hard to get it in my head,thanks

CraigBGower

Blacklisted
Hi shootemup56,

In order to fix this problem, follow these steps:
1. Try restarting the computer, and press F8 (the function 8 key) after the BIOS boot screen (Manufacturer splash screen) 2. This should give you the list of (Start Windows Normally, Safe Mode, ETC.) Find the option called “Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure”.
3. Select this option, and continue booting. This will allow you to see the bluescreen for more than a "microsecond."
4. Now insert your Vista DVD in the computer's drive and boot from it (if your computer doesn't boot from it automatically, you'll have to access the for your laptop and select the CD/DVD drive option.
5. Once you boot from the DVD and the windows - like screen comes up, click continue, then Repair My Computer. (Bottom left of the second window.) You should be able to run startup repair from here, and it should recover your operating system to the default state.
You must need to carefully follow the above steps as any wrong step may cause the serious problem with your computer system.

Last edited by a moderator: