Windows Live Mail mess

bohlingball

New Email
recently decided on a whim to install windows live mail. OK...huge mistake. it immediately started to download messages from Yahoo e-mail server and evidently did not leave a copy. I stopped it but had already downloaded 2 months worth of e-mail. If I open again to do anything to program it immediately starts downloading more. If I delete program my e-mails that I downloaded go down drain. Can I restore e-mails to Yahoo server? Or at least see last 2 months email without opening Windows Live Mail? Help!!:confused:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry, but I'm not aware of any way to restore emails back to Yahoo that have been removed from the Yahoo mail servers.

If it's a business account you can try the support for it.

If it's a regular Yahoo account I'm sure you're out of luck.

-Raymond

bohlingball

New Email
Thanks for reply on restoring e-mails. Still hoping for solution on viewing already downloaded e-mails on my computer. Opening Windows Live obviously is not the answer without it downloading even more e-mails from Yahoo server! Would appreciate any thoughts on this part of question. Thanks!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Pull the network cable out of your computer and then open Windows Live Mail.

You'll be able to work with what's already downloaded in the program without it connecting to Yahoo.

You can then export a copy of the emails info a format readable by other email programs and unconfigure the Yahoo account without further risk to the emails still stored at Yahoo.

After the above is done it should be safe to plug the network cable back in.

-Raymond

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
Also go into to the account options in WLM and check 'Leave Copy Of Message On The Server' this won't restore your mails but will prevent it from deleting emails in future if you happen to WLM.