EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
To view the full headers of an e-mail in Windows Live Mail 2011 desktop client:

• Right click the message and select Properties
Right Click Properties.jpg

• Select the Details tab and click the Message Source button
Windows Live Mail 2011 Full Email Headers.jpg

If you see help reading the full e-mail headers please see our guide on How to read full e-mail headers.

If you have any questions about Windows Live Mail please create a new thread in our Windows Live Mail Support Forum.​

Griffo

Valued Member
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was ...........

Subject 'Re: [SPAM] Fw:
Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 5.7.1 Recipient domain check.
Server: 'smtp.vodafone.net.au'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC79
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Can you send email to other email addresses?

The error message implies that the email address listed as the To: was blocked.

Griffo

Valued Member
I doubt very much that two people whom I have known for 40 years would of blocked me.
It is strange they can still contact me but I cant contact them from Windows Live Mail.
I can only contact them by going into Vodafone Webmail.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I doubt very much that two people whom I have known for 40 years would of blocked me.

Hi Griffo,

The type of blocking I'm referring to would have been done by smtp.vodafone.net.au not the people you are trying to email.

Are you sending To: or From: domains that are generally considered spammy?

You may need to contact Vodaphone and ask you are blocked from sending to their addresses.

Please let us know their response.

:thanks:

Griffo

Valued Member
Thanks I have spoken to Vodafone NZ and also Vodafone Australia as my smtp outging mail server and both are adamant it is a software problem.
I am not sure about spammy one address sometimes shows up as spam but so do others I have no problem with. It is strange that of the 60 to 100 emails i send and receive only two have stopped me from sending from my computer but they can send to me ok.
It may be coincidental that after microsoft stated they do not support XP or outlook express it happened.
I have since upgraded from XP and Outlook to Windows 7 and Windows live mail but I still cannot send to two email addresses all other are ok.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Griffo,

To rule out their answer or confirm it's true please try using Mozilla Thunderbird with the same outgoing mail server settings.

Can you send through smtp.vodafone.net.au to the blocked recipients using Thunderbird?

Griffo

Valued Member
Please advise where the emails are going to as I have changed to Mozilla Thunderbird software and all the emails are disappearing from my outbox.
The two friends I am trying to contact have still not received any emails from me in 60 hours. ???????????????