christoffo

New Email
I am having a great deal of troubles with . ..... stop the madness, I try
to contact you people or robot or whatever you are to ask a simple question
and thats in its own is troublesome .I typed the question , click send ,
what else do you what, gave all my info , come on now . Is there anybody
really there ,I don`t think so. I challenge you to contact me, if you
exist, and really want to help people with their questions , prove it
{phone number removed} I`ll be waiting,and most likely a long long time.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi chris,

To help prevent spam, posts from new members are not visible until they have been approved by a moderator.

The question that you posted in the Help Desk was in moderation for an hour and then approved.

I feel that is a completely acceptable response time from a site that provides free answers to your questions.
:thanks:

Last edited:

THERESA

Customer Service
My initial response if someone said they couldn't see something would be to "open your eyes." If someone asked me to call them, I would ask what they preferred me to call them.

Normally Ray approves members and answers their questions within a few hours. Yesterday was a HOLIDAY and some of us have friends. :)

jani

New Email
Good to see this topic. I was about to leave this site because I thought this is buggy site and my posts are not showing here.

I replied to a post and submit it and it did not appear.

I would suggest you to setup "email confirmation" thing to prevent spam, because you will not have to moderate posts manually from new members. If they are real members and not bots they will have to verify email address.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I have tried a few setups over the last year. Spammers can can valid email addresses so email confirmation only slows down the spammers and can potentially discourage a legit new member. Legit members want to post their questions right away. We get a lot of people who ask a question and never return. I want them to be able to get registered and ask their questions as easy as possible.

I was thinking about this last week and would really like an addon that would let me display a notice to members that says something like "You have 1 question in moderation. Please be patient, we will answer it shortly. Thank you." The vB notices feature does not have an option for "If member has a thread/post in moderation, then do X". I'm stuck on this one at the moment, but yes I realize there is a need to let new members (many of which may not be regular forum users) know that they successfully created a new thread and are all set for the moment until we approve and answer it.

FredOnline

Valued Member
Are you able to update on the moderation of new posts?

In another forum I use, a new posting is instant, yet here on this forum, my posts do not appear immediately, and so I assume there is a moderation process in place.

I do understand that moderating new posts can assist in cutting down the dreaded spam, however.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi @FredOnline

This should be fixed for you now. I think a promotion bit got lost along the way. New members should be moderated for first X posts.

If there are more fixes needed to make this work for you let me know. Thanks!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
The start of this thread was in the vBulletin days. Back then moderated posts "disappeared" into the moderation queue. With XenForo the poster should be able to see that their posts are submitted, it's just that others can't see them yet. Were you able to see your posts while they were waiting for moderation?

FredOnline

Valued Member
Yes, if I clicked on the bell icon I could see the pre-moderated post, but not elsewhere on the forum. I don't think that I could edit that pre-moderated post. I didn't need to, I was just checking the options at that time.