Why am I receiving emails with this as a subject?- Subject: {Disarmed} Please verify your account.

domdim12

New Email
Hi,im trying to join the playstation network but cannot verify my email address in order to join because every email i receive to verify my address has this as a subject-

"Subject: {Disarmed} Please verify your account."

And i cannot click the verify button link in the email because its not there,instead this shows-

"Thank you for taking this important step to verify your account. After cli=cking the button below you will be able to use the full range of PlayStatio=n®Network services with your account

{phishing link removed}

Anyone know why this is happening? Could it be a problem with the playstation network's emails, or my webmail account including my internet provider, or the ps3 im using to get online, or a virus?

Last edited by a moderator:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

The email that you received should be reported as phishing / spam / junk

It's an attempt to steal your password and other personal information.

Do not click the link or reply to the email.

domdim12

New Email
Since the email is being sent by playstation network, shouldnt they resolve the issue or should my internet provider?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
It was probably a forged email. Don't trust what the source was. Yes, it would be your ISP spam filtering that hosts the account that you would hope would mark it as spam instead of delivering to your inbox.