What is the best mail app for Windows 10?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I've been using the Outlook app on iOS and still prefer using Gmail from my web browser on Windows (desktop). My default mailto: goes to the Outlook app. I'm fine with that. The types of customer service email that start there I don't want coming back to my Gmail as a bunch of spam follow ups and "rate our customer service" requests or spam from my address getting sold.

bburg

Valued Member
Definitely not the new Mail app of Windows 10. Man, what a disaster. Don't understand why MS not used the 'old' Mail app of Windows 8/8.1. It was not good, but a lot better than this one. Read the reviews in the Store.

ken_b

New Email
Thunderbird (which I started using many Windows versions ago) is still working well for me on Windows 10. Thunderbird's search features let me use my email as a database to find all sorts of stuff, current and past. I think Thunderbird makes it easy to control where my email is stored. I recently posted a message that explains how I migrated Thunderbird data to Windows 10, posted at the end of the following thread:
How to copy your Mozilla Thunderbird email profile to a new computer