What do you think of the new Yahoo Mail?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Yahoo Mail members are being upgraded upgraded to a new faster version of Yahoo Mail

To see if you have been upgraded login to Yahoo Mail and check if you have the new look:

Yahoo Mail.JPG

Did you know that Yahoo offers upgrades to Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox that are optimized for Yahoo?

Yahoo-IE9.JPG Yahoo-Firefox.JPG

In addition to being faster Yahoo hopes the new interface is both easier to use and that it will be easier to communicate with your contacts.

What do you think of the new Yahoo Mail?

foggy

Valued Member
Not a comment, but a question (since I don't have a Yahoo account anymore): With all this upgrading of their service, they wouldn't by any chance have joined the ranks of Gmail, Hotmail, GMX, MyOpera, and many others by f-i-n-a-l-l-y offering free POP, have they ?

{This is me not holding my breath.}

pemail

New Email
I was asked to upgrade yahoo e-mail account and I hate it. How do I get back to my original Yahoo e-mail settings. I tried screen resolution and did not know how to put it back onto my e-mail?

My Yahoo Mail starting to get slow at LOADING Attachments (even under 4mb's) and finally got to where it will only load about 1 out of 6 + tries but mostly, not at all. Running Windows 7 and I/E 9. If something does not improve really soon, I will have no choice but to move to G-Mail..... Any Ideas?????

kevi

Blacklisted
This new yahoo mail is a disaster. I can no longer attach multiple photos to my outgoing emails. very frustrating, when you can only send one attachment at a time; and you have over 10-15 photo attachments to send. I am sure I am not the only one with this problem. Unless this is fixed soon, I will be trekking over to email.biz, and using that as my primary email. the poll is saying 98 % of people do not like the new version.

bibarnes

New Email
Add my name to the don't like column. I retired as a programmer of 40+ years of experience. I learned one very important thing "If it ain't broke don't fix it." I also agree with the pop3 issue. I was a paid subscriber for a while and other than the temp email address feature, I fond it to be a waste of money.
Bill Barnes

fred410

New Email
Dont fret....

From the "new Yahoo Mail switch" page it does say:
If you’re on dial-up or an older browser, we will detect that and move you to an HTML-only / basic version of the new Yahoo! Mail.

To me that sounds like something like Classic Yahoo will still work.

THERESA

Customer Service
That won't do me any good since I'm not on dial up. I will have the new crappy yahoo that I hate.

ArmyDaveNY

New Email
The new Yahoo e-mail is garbage. It loses all of the good features such as tabs and keeping the folders ready. It is dumbed down and requires several extra steps to accomplish what used to take one click.

I found the best way to fix this is to create an account at Mail.com. You can then send and receive using your Yahoo e-mail account but not have to deal with the rubbish new Yahoo Mail program. I just signed up (and used the same name as my Yahoo account) so am still new to it but it is fairly close to the previous and much better Yahoo mail program. The Mail.com program has the tabs on top, as are all of the editing buttons and features. Equally good is the fact that the folders stay on the left side. You can also work on an e-mail WITHOUT the need to save it to a draft and reopen it (by going back to the draft folder) each time you need to check reference something elsewhere in Yahoo's new horrible mail program. I highly recommend you try it.

I can also confirm that it will allow you to display attached PDF files and attached photos without downloading the file. I am not sure about other files. The horrible new Yahoo program requires you to download attachments only.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I found the best way to fix this is to create an account at Mail.com.

Hi Army Dave,

I think you are the first member to recommend mail.com.

Please continue to share your mail.com experience with us as you get used to their system.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

ArmyDaveNY

New Email
Hello Popowich. I will keep everyone updated.

I can also add the following information. It has unlimited e-mail size. The POP3 does charge like Yahoo used but it is a very small amount. It is only $19.95 per year or $3.95 per month. This may change eventually however even with the free version it has a ton of features, is very close to what the old Yahoo was like, and I haven't seen any ads so far.

There are other features that I really haven't looked into so far. The news page is good and I like it but have only looked at it very briefly so far.

ArmyDaveNY

New Email
Another nice feature of Mail.com is that you don't have to do the continuous scroll to go to the bottom. All of the e-mails (in my case several thousand back many years) are readily available without the need for the new, slow as molasses in January, Yahoo mail program to move to the bottom.

bibarnes

New Email
The other "feature" that has been added is they apparently cut their customer support staff to 1 part time person. I am having an issue and I contact customer no support and in about 10 days I get an email that says "Since we have not heard from you we assume this issue uis solvedand we are marking it a such." I tell them that is because you have not given me a solution. Now it will be 10 days before the exact same person from India replies with the same message. I don't even think i is a real person. It must be nice to be so confident of you "new" program that i works 100% nd has no bugs and you can pare your support staff down to an android named Data.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Data was a smart little android, a little awkward, but I'd probably be happy if he was handling the first level support of millions of users for me :)

I have not experienced any problems with the new Yahoo Mail.

The full version is more basic than it used to be, but it's clean and it works.

It may help that I keep my computer clean and programs up to date.

If you like the latest Yahoo Mail please let us know why?

If you have experienced any major problems such as losing years of old email please let us now about those too.
:thanks: