Verizon blocked emails from yahoo and hotmail

Pixie1208

New Email
I have verizon email. I am unable to receive any emails from either yahoo or hotmail. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change? Verizon is very hard to reach. Thanks.
:cool:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Re: blocked emails from yahoo and hotmail

Hello,

Are you reading your Verizon e-mail with the Verizon webmail or a mail program on your computer such as Outlook Express?

If you are using webmail have you tried adding the addresses of the contacts you can not receive e-mail from to your address book?

Have you checked your spam folder for the replies?

Do the contacts at Yahoo or Hotmail get an error or bounce message back when sending an e-mail to you?

Can they send you new e-mail messages, but not reply to e-mails that you sent?

Can you not receive any e-mail from them?

Can you receive new e-mail from anyone else?

There is a Verizon E-Mail FAQ here with several related questions and answers.

I hope the questions above help you find the answer to your problem.

If you have any additional questions please let us know.

Also, please let us know the solution to your problem (for example, you needed to add the contacts to your webmail address book) so that other people with the same problem in the future can benefit from finding the correct answer online.

Thank you!

-Raymond

Pixie1208

New Email
I am checking email on both webmail and outlook. I used to be able to receive emails from hotmail and yahoo, then they suddenly stopped. I have not changed any settings. They do not go to spam. This applies to new emails AND replies. The senders do not get error messages. Most of the contacts are already in my address book in outlook, however I have never imported the address book to webmail. Thank you for the link to Verizon FAQ's.....I started there before I found this site and found it to be very user unfriendly.....It kept replying that it had no answer. Since I am usually troubleshooting while at work or after hours, I was unable to call them. Any more thoughts? Thanks.
:eek:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
The Verizon mail servers do not know what is in your outlook address book.

I'd start by adding a couple of the people that you can not receive mail from your the address book in your Verizon webmail account.

I'm not certain about Verizon, but it's common practice for many providers to use your personal address book as a guide for properly filtering your e-mail.

If it works for those couple people then add the rest! :)

Do you have the phone number for any of your contacts so you can ask them to e-mail you a test message after updating the address book?

-Raymond