Unwanted symbols when writing

boblalux

New Email
Whenever I write my telephone number in a mail, "0033-(0)3 88 01 42 57" , up comes "0033-unwanted clockface3 88 01 42 57".
If I write it with a space, eg"0033-( 0 )3 88 01 42 57", then no problem. The does not occur when writing the telephone number in Open Office.
What to do to stop this?

foggy

Valued Member
Hi, Bob

When you say you write it "in a mail," do you mean a webmail interface? Or a desktop client of some sort? And does the change of (0) to "unwanted clockface" occur as you're typing or after you type "3" and hit 'space'?

In general, it's likely that whatever program you're using (if it's not a webmail) has some auto-correct feature that changes the (0) to what you're seeing. If so, you can check the settings/options of your program to see if you can delete this particular abbreviation so that it doesn't auto-correct.

You can also try typing the number and whenever you notice the change occur, stop and type "Ctrl + Z." That should undo the change and revert it to what you originally typed.

Let us know. :)

boblalux

New Email
When I write a new mail in Livemail. Where can I find the auto-correct feature for Livemail? I know where it is in MSWords and OpenOffice, but that doesn't help.
Thanks
Bob