Unable to sign in to hotmail for a week...

tc1989

New Email
Hiya, apologies if this has been asked before but I had a quick glance and couldn't see any threads relating to this problem. About a week ago I tried to sign into my hotmail account and received the following message: Something went wrong and we can't sign you in at the moment. Please try again later.

I assumed hotmail was temporarily down but I'm still receiving the same message , and no one else seems to be having any problems signing in. I checked a couple of forums - some people suggested changing a setting to 'Use HTTPS automatically' which did nothing - someone else recommended choosing the option to create a new account, and going from the first setup page to my inbox, but that seems to have made it worse: now I get a 'this webpage is unavailable' message on chrome (as well a 'problem loading page' message on firefox - I even tried IE with the same result). I can't even get back to the page with the original error message. I've absolutely no reason to think that my account has been blocked either. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be super grateful.