trouble sending e mails to two family members

sxbbka

New Email
having a problem with sending e mails to two family members..one on aol,one on road runner.....they cannot recieve anything i send,have been connecting thru facebook..what can be the problem..they have not blocked my e mails

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

When did the problem start and is it all emails that are being lost or only the email from Facebook?

There was an issue with AOL's mail service yesterday :

http://www.emailquestions.com/mail-...ind-any-host-name-name-service-not-known.html

It's possible that there is a backlog of email at Facebook waiting to be delivered or slowly delivering to AOL.

Are you able to send them an email directly from another email account such as a Gmail Yahoo or Hotmail account?

This is most likely a temporary issue that you'll need to wait out.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

sxbbka

New Email
i think that you mis read my post,the emails that are not being able to open is direct emails thru aol to my family on aol and road runner,this has been going on for months...face book is not a problem

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
How do you send the email from AOL?

Are you using the desktop software or the webmail from your web browser?

I still have one of the same questions, can your AOL successfully email to anyone at all?

sxbbka

New Email
thank you for your reply,using what ever program that is contained in the aol pkg,to e mail.....i can e mail anyone else on aol except these two,one on aol,one on road runner for over a year,we have checked to see if my e mails were being blocked and they are not......

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Check your junk email / spam folders. Are you getting any bounce messages back several hours or days after you tried to send them an email? Did they finally start receiving email again after some time passed? Do they have an alternate email address that you can try sending an email to?

sxbbka

New Email
I just found a ton of old emails in my "saved on AOL" folder...whay is that?...thats seems to be where all the replys from my daughter are going...

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
It doesn't sound like someone else has had access to your account but it shouldn't hurt to change your password.

Check your filters to make sure the email is not automatically being incorrectly filtered to the wrong folder.