Thunderbird Concern

Corp Live

New Email
Hi Team,

I recently configured my hotmail ID (IMAP Set up) on Thunderbird.

Issue- When I send an email via hotmail ID it gets automatically sent by one of my Yahoo IDs as well. It does reflect in my hotmail ID sent items. "In short same email gets sent by two different email IDs at the same time." Due to this most of my recipients got confused at the time of reply. I have checked all possible thunderbird settings & there is nothing wrong with them.

I have configured my other email IDs on this client including Yahoo(IMAP). Total email IDs configured are 7 Nos.

Please help me resolve this concern.

Regards,
Corp Live

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

When you send an email it lists 2 different From: addresses?

Is the problem that you are trying to send as Yahoo through Hotmail or as Hotmail through Yahoo services?

Some email services rewrite the From: based on the username you use to authenticate as to use their SMTP relay (outgoing mail server) service.

What From: are you trying to use and what is the SMTP server setting associated with that account?

:welcome: to Email Questions!

Corp Live

New Email
Hi,

Please note my comments below

When you send an email it lists 2 different From: addresses?-- NO, it shows up only one address in the FROM field for each email. Two emails with two different FROM: i.e. my yahoo & hotmail ids in the "sent items of HOTMAIL ID." Sometimes, i receive reply on yahoo instead of hotmail though i have intended to use hotmail id for sending. It happens because email has been sent via yahoo id as well unknowingly.

What From: are you trying to use and what is the SMTP server setting associated with that account?-- Hotmail ID, Setting is- smtp-mail.outlook.com, Port- 587