Thunderbird 60.3.0 Win10 - problem w/new messages

Al Yarrington

New Email
Hey all....I'm new to this forum, but I'm a long time Mozilla user(Thunderbird and Firefox). I recently had some problems with my cmptr necessitating me to do a system restore and reinstalling prg's plus restoring from backups. Fortunately, I am a (disabled)former i.t. pro, so I learned good backup discipline, etc., on the job. Anyway, I've got the most current release of Thunderbird on my laptop running a fully updated Win10 o/s and have this annoying problem I haven't been able to figure out yet: when I click 'write' to make a new message, the new message window is always behind the main Thunderbird window. Seems like a small matter, admittedly, but I am disabled and trying to learn to use Dragon's Naturally Speaking s/w to avoid overuse injury to my right hand(I am paralyzed on my left side from a stroke(brain cancer survivor from many, many years ago)). Can anyone recognize this behavior and point me in the right direction to stop it from 'hiding' these new msg windows, please?! Thanks much in advance! -Al

Al Yarrington

New Email
btw - an additional bit of information....I just restarted in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and it didn't do the same thing. Rather, when I clicked to create a new message, it remained the foremost window. That probably opens up a can of worms, but maybe someone has run into this before and has an idea anyway.....

Al Yarrington

New Email
For what it's worth, I am using 'Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security' for anti-malware. Wondering if this maybe is the culprit somehow, I'm trying to find a way to 'pause protection' briefly ands see if the behavior persists....any insight on how to do that would be very welcome, too!