Thunderbird 5.0 sucks

THERESA

Customer Service
My computer just upgraded my Thunderbird email to 5.0 Why do companies always feel the need to screw around with things when we like them just the way they are??? This happens with everything from Facebook to email and I'm sick of it. Many studies have been done about people not liking change. People prefer the path of least resistance. Do they really have to screw around with my email and make it look foreign to me?? I HATE IT!! Is there a way to change it back???:hammer:

foggy

Valued Member
Hi, Theresa

Well, you could try going here and downloading your preferred older version. Then uninstall the present version (5.0) being sure NOT to have it remove profiles. Then install the older one you like. (You may want to back up T-Bird just in case something goes wrong.) Be advised I'm not a tech guy. I've done this for myself in the past (though I don't use T-Bird these days) but I wouldn't want to give anyone else the impression that I really know what I'm talking about. ;)

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Re: Thunderbird 5.0 Layout downloads

Is there anything more specific that you are missing now and would like back?

Did your layout get changed?

Thunderbird Layout.JPG

Here are some additional layouts that you can download :

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/morelayouts/

Try some of those additional layouts out and let us know which one you like the best.

:thanks:

THERESA

Customer Service
Thank you very much. I have not tried this yet because I am not on my computer very often. I am also 4 1/2 months pregnant and very tired at the moment. I will definitely try this when I have the patience to sit and do it right and I will let you know how it goes! Thanks again!!