The destination is an Exchange server (Office 365 IMAP problems)

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Update:

We did not get IMAP access to Office 365 and were required to use Exchange/ActiveSync connections.

Did you get back your IMAP access or were you forced to reconfigure as Exchange / ActiveSync?

swampmama

New Email
Update:
Did you get back your IMAP access or were you forced to reconfigure as Exchange / ActiveSync?

Yes, I did. After 2-3 days both the IMAP and POP accounts I set up magically started working again without any additional effort on my part.

I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to get IMAP access, but then I don't understand much about Office 365. In the many years that I've had email, I've never used a system that stops working as frequently as this one.

rfs9999

IMAP Tools
* OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready.
1 login {username} {password}
* BYE Connection is closed. 13
read:errno=0

Ray, can you re-test your IMAP connection to Office365 to see if it works now?

-Rick

rfs9999

IMAP Tools
From what I can tell IMAP worked if you were on the old platform with specific server names in your settings, but once upgraded to their new servers and using the outlook.office365.com server settings IMAP is no longer supported. I have a ticket open with Microsoft that includes this question.

Ray, did you ever get an answer from Microsoft to your question about IMAP support?

I have seen some posts in other forums that suggest people are having trouble getting IMAP to work with Office365. Yet I don't see a lot of notes in Google about it which I would have expected if Office365 has dropped IMAP.

Thanks, Rick

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
IMAP is not supported for new Office 365 accounts.

My best info right now is still that some older accounts had IMAP, but they are going to lose it and be forced to ActiveSync exchange connections as they are migrated from older to new Office 365 servers.

If you ask about IMAP the Microsoft support moves the conversation to ActiveSync but they won't say or confirm in an email that IMAP ever existed or was taken away.