Temporary Email, POP3 Questions and MORE!

Fletch

New Email
Hello everyone, I'm a forum noob. I've got a couple of questions:

1. I've been looking for a temporary email script similar to the one that is used at deadaddress.com. The programmer that created this particular script no longer has a website and I can't find the script anywhere. It needs to be relatively simple to setup and install and work with cPanel hosting.

2. I'd also like to create a POP3 site similar to the old BigMailBox service which no longer exists. Anyone know of any scripts or services?

3. While I was researching these other issues I happened upon some freeware that allows for viewing email databases (*.idx/*.mbx/*.dbx). Just thought I'd pass along, been looking for one like this for a long time. The name of the program is MailView.

Last edited:

NameNick

New Email
1. I've been looking for a temporary email script similar to the one that is used at deadaddress.com. The programmer that created this particular script no longer has a website and I can't find the script anywhere. It needs to be relatively simple to setup and install and work with cPanel hosting.

Here you go: GentleSource disposable e-mail script

NN :)

Fletch

New Email
Thanks, will it work w/ cPanel? I can't explain the particulars other than support at HostingZoom tells me that there are issues specific to cPanel and email creation that have to be addressed differently than with other Uniz control panels.

NameNick

New Email
Well, you need to be able to create catch-all e-mail accounts and the script needs to be able to connect to that account via PHP.

NN