Sync Outlook, Web, Smart Phone Using Yahoo Mail

dave1

New Email
I am trying to solve my life long problem.....and hoping someone can offer some suggestions.

I have been using my yahoo.com email address for many, many years, so at this point, I really can't see myself moving to a new email address. I also use Outlook when I am at home for mail. Since Yahoo doesn't offer IMAP support, I find myself in a dilemma. I want to be able to keep my home outlook, yahoo mail on the web, and my smart phone all in sync with mail....however I can't seam to do this. Yahoo doesn't offer imap so I am really stuck. I would be willing to purchase some home server software ($$$ within reason) if this would solve my problems.

Does anyone know how I can go about keeping my outlook (sent, folders, inbox, etc) all in sync.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Dave,

You don't need to purchase a server at home.

You can try YPOPS but it does not work for a lot of people.

If you upgrade to Yahoo Mail Plus you'll get pop3 access to the Yahoo account and can configure your Outlook to "leave mail on the server"

:welcome: to Email Questions!

dave1

New Email
thanks popowich....

I will check out YPOPs and I currently have Yahoo Mail Plus, but the POP3 access doesn't allow me to keep my inbox completely in sync. for example, if I delete from outlook, it still remains in yahoo. Or if I delete from yahoo after outlook has already downloaded, it stays in outlook. This is if I choose the leave mail on server box. Lastly, it doesn't keep my draft and sent items in sync. Will YPOPs do all of that?

Thanks again.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Since you have Yahoo Plus already that means you can forward your email to a service that supports IMAP. You could also have another service such as Gmail pop the account and drop the email into a "Yahoo" label that you could access over IMAP. Unless there is something about the actual Yahoo service or interface that you really like, it shouldn't be hard to access it from a different service and create an identity that replies as the Yahoo address if that's the one that you want to remain your primary email address.