Strange E-mail Problem - Blank Messages ...

vja4Him

Valued Member
I've run into a very strange issue ... I've never seen this before until I got my MacPro.

I imported all of my e-mail from my iBook G4 to the MacPro. That went smoothly, but .... This one folder Education (with about five subfolders) has been giving me nothing but problems.

The mail imported just fine, but then when I would get new mail, a mystery folder titled "EDUCATION" (notice all caps) would appear. That is where my new messages were being delivered, not the folder, "Education" which I had already created.

So, I would simply highlight and drag all those new message over to my Education folder. Then when I would open up the messages in my Education folder, they were all blank!

So, I had to delete all the messages, and then import again. All seemed well ..... until .... I downloaded new messages, and the same problem started all over.

I called Apple Tech Support. As I expected, didn't get much help from them. They told me that the one folder must have gotten corrupt, and that I should delete all those message, create a new folder and start all over.

I really didn't want to lose all those messages .... So I starting thinking of a possible solution ....

What would you do if you had this same/similar issue ... ???

To be continued .....

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Where are you creating the folders?

After doing some research it seems that creating sub folders within the apple mail inbox can be the source of problems.

Make sure that any folders you create are not sub folders of the inbox.

Is it possible that was part of the problem / can you confirm if this is a useful solution?

:thanks: -Raymond

vja4Him

Valued Member
Where are you creating the folders?

After doing some research it seems that creating sub folders within the apple mail inbox can be the source of problems.

Make sure that any folders you create are not sub folders of the inbox.

Is it possible that was part of the problem / can you confirm if this is a useful solution?

:thanks: -Raymond

I don't have any subfolders in the Inbox. I don't think it's even possible to create subfolders within the Inbox.

I called Apple Tech Support and they told me to trash the folders that are causing problems and create new folders.

I did that, and haven't seen any recent blank messages. But .... I'm still having problems with mystery folders creating themselves! Yes, these new folders appear when I download new mail. This only happens with a couple of folders though.

When I take that new mail from those self-created folders and put them into the correct folder, then trash those self-created folders, they are recreated when I download new mail again (when there are new messages arriving).