Sending mail via GMX not possible

mailer

New Email
I have been using GMX together with my e-mail-client (the good old Eudora) for sending mails for years without much trouble. However, for three days now, I can't send out mails, the SMTP server sends back this message: "550.5.7.0 Need to authenticate via POP3 first {mp029}"

Another GMX address that I use however works after trying a few times...

I tried to ask GMX, they don't reply.

Posting in Mail doesn't work either, no "new post" button comes up, GMX doesn't reply neither when I ask them why that is so.

Thanks for letting me know what I could do in order to send out messages via my usual GMX address.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Does sending work on the second try?

The error message states that you need to successfully authenticate with pop3 before trying to send email.

mailer

New Email
Does sending work on the second try?

The error message states that you need to successfully authenticate with pop3 before trying to send email.

:thanks:

That's what I said, the other address (same settings) worked. But only after trying a few times...

I for sure understood what the SMTP server said. What he says is however bullshit since I have sent away several thousands of mails via exactly the ever same settings. Otherwise, tell me how I should "authenticate".

How about my question how to post in {broken link to old gmx forums removed}

Last edited by a moderator: