Sending Bulk Emails

Norman8390

New Email
What is the most efficient way to send up to 1 million emails to prospective customers. What is the fastest way? Is it best to send over 1 day, 1 week or several weeks? How to avoid blacklists and span folders?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
In the grand scheme of things that's not a lot of email.

Do you care if it gets delivered?

How much do you care about avoiding blacklists and spam folders?

Some of the general guidelines include:

• Only send email to those that want it
  • Make it easy to unsubscribe
  • Lots of text content, don't send a big image of text.
  • Remove addresses that bounce with permanent types of user unknown errors
  • Remove addresses after a few temporary errors such as over quota
  • Do not send to email addresses that are not opening the email and clicking links
  • Do not send email to addresses unless you have a recent double opt-in confirmation
  • Do not buy email lists
Are you sending from a new mail server or does it have an established good reputation?

What IP address(es) will you be sending from?

Norman8390

New Email
Thank you very much for your replay. Yes, I do follow the guide lines that you mapped out in your post. I am currently sending out about 15-20 thousand emails a day but have run into delivery problems when I go above that many emails in a day. I currently use an online emailing service. But, I have read that you can get around the delivery problems (bounced, blacklist, greylist, spam) if you use a SMTP mail server to deliver the emails? Whats your advice?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
What are the exact error messages that you are seeing?

For MTA I recommend whatever you can support the best. I prefer qmail.

Do you mind sharing the IP address(es) you're sending from so we can check the reputation?