Send/Receive stopped working...

Adela

New Email
I have Win7, WLMail, Firefox, 64 bit. From time to time this WLMail just stops send/receive with the error message below. Other times similar error message but different wording:

An unknown error has occurred.

Subject 'For you and Peter'
Server Error: 554
Server Response: 554 5.7.1 [P4] Message blocked due to spam content in the message.
Server: 'smtp.rcn.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC6F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 587
Secure(SSL): No

My emails are not spam at all. These are back and forth messages with family and many friends. I keep my computer free of virus, spies, ads, etc. as much as it is possible with every-other-day scannings. Today I used the “Repair All Windows Essential”, etc. Nothing helps!

Please someone be so kind as to help? Thanks ever so much! :)

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Adela,

This sometimes happens with spam filters at some email services if you forward / reply to an email too many times, if the email contains too many links, of it there is an attachment with a banned file extension.

With some experimenting trying out those possibilities you should be able to find the problem.

I'll often trim up email conversations with many replies to help prevent this problem.

Adela

New Email
Thank you popovich! Since I get these often I complain each time to my servers, but they always say the same thing, that maybe someone else is using my email address so they, or the recipients' servers have to block mine. Of course I never accept that answer, but meantime I can't carry on my work. I'll try to find out what it is although my super limited knowledge of computer doesn't allow me to do much. :) Thanks again.