SCRYPTmail feature requests

corend

New Email
Hi here,
For me I would prefer an iOS (and Android) app to check/answer/send emails, but with a full encrypted protocol for the communication with the server and also if data are stored on the mobile.
I'm not a fan of IMAP, not anymore, for me it sounds like the 90's (but I can understand we still use it), and more if I choose an encrypted mail service I will not store in clear the emails on my local machine, else I will loose in security level.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
This brings up a good point. An app doesn't need to use a potentially customized IMAP, it could use some other custom secure encryption method for talking back with the service.

That decision would lock mobile users into the SCRYPTmail app and not using other mail programs. I can see where the app could be easier to support that way too. Pros & cons.

Last edited:

Rockman

Valued Member
I can't recall if we already talked about an auto-delete feature for the Trash and Spam folders. This should be configurable from 0-n days. This would not only keep syncing efficient, but the account more secure. Default to 15 days? This would have to be a client-side setting only, yes? If I understand your design correctly, the server has zero knowledge of email metadata?

SCRYPTmail

Email Service Provider
Yes. This is how its going to look when u add new folder, and you will have option to modify existing folders as well.

6.png

Client side it is. So in order to physically delete emails you have to login. And system will check expired messages and delete it.

Last edited by a moderator:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I'm putting the request in the following link in the same category as "I'm going out drinking tonight and want to suspend access to my email account for the next 12 hours"

use email to receive tenders | Email Questions

There might be similar use cases. The password suspend/unsuspend is simple to script with any custom mail server.

Maybe this is a possible SCRYPTmail feature request for entities that need more certainty that the email has not been accessed?

Last edited:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
How about encrypted backups? A one click method to "download my account" as a single file or series of a couple encrypted files (email, contacts, everything) and store it in a safe place in case my account is lost?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
When receiving a forwarded email it seems the email address of the original sender (before the email was forwarded) is often lost and only their real name is known.

It's not critical, but maybe within a couple of releases can that be fixed so the email address of that original sender is preserved too?

saraf

Valued Member
Hello Sergei,

SCRYPTmail adds another "Re:" (Re: Re: Re: Re: Re) every time you reply. Is it possible to correct this?

Thanks!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I saw somewhere repo with open source IMAP for JavaScript

It's not javascript, it's perl, there are the IMAP Tools you may be able to use. Maybe they're not compatible with your programming and security.

New question:

Are catchall accounts going to be supported in the .99 version of SCRYPTmail personal domain hosting?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Are catchall accounts going to be supported in the .99 version of SCRYPTmail personal domain hosting?

(Answering myself now that I have the answer) - No, catchall will not be part of .99 but will be part of the features released soon after the new interface is live.

Xeron

New Email
I like this service very much. But my concern is that I can't open this webmail with some privacy feature enabled on my browser (currently FF). For example,although I can log in my google or yahoo or hushmail account with JonDoFox or when using FF with the addon Random Agent Spoofer, I can't log in scryptmail when using one of these. It seems that the "protecting window.name" or "spoof If-None-Mactch" (Etags) feature are breaking the login procedure, so that in order to log in ScryptMail, I have to globally unprotect window.name and globally let my browser send identifying Etags...It's really a pity, and very paradoxical for a service devoted to anonymity, security and stealth.