Scam emails

Ranjita

New Email
Hello,

I received a scam email of winning a lottery from Msn/Yahoo lottery incorporation and unknowing of the fraud i have provided them my personal details such as address, phone number and bank details. I'm scared of identity theft and would like to know what could be done in this matter in order to avoid any identity misuse.
:thanks:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

I think the best thing to do is call your bank immediately.

Ask to speak to their fraud department and let them know what happened.

Please share any other advice their fraud dept gives you with the rest of us.

Good luck and I hope this does not end in disaster for you.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

Ranjita

New Email
I received scam mail from Msn/Yahoo lottery incorporation of winning a lottery and unknowing of the fact that its all fake i have provided my personal details and also spent some money after that. Is their any way to recover my money?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Ouch! :hammer:

Let your bank and credit cards know what you did so you can get your account numbers changed. Ask to speak directly with their fraud departments and explain what happened to them. You probably can't get the money back but you might be able to prevent future losses from the same accounts.

Also, immediately change all of the related passwords and change the passwords on any other sites where you used the same password.

If the fraud departments have any additional tips please share them with us so others in the same situation can benefit from the suggestions too.

:thanks: