Safe-mail.net is down for critical maintainance (maintenance)

JackJones

Valued Member
I'm not sure but what safe mail say is

they dont say which aspects of the policy have been violated and they dont mention illegal activity....those who are worrying about the FBI are surely adding two and two and getting an unfeasibly high number?
I am not worrying about the FBI I am just making suppositions as to why safe-mail is down and deleting so many accounts. All any of us can do is surmise as
I'm not sure but what safe mail say is

they dont say which aspects of the policy have been violated and they dont mention illegal activity....those who are worrying about the FBI are surely adding two and two and getting an unfeasibly high number?
I am not worrying about the FBI I am just making suppositions as to why safe-mail is down and deleting so many accounts. All any of us can do is surmise, as we wile away the hours waiting for safe-mail to return, as we have no idea why safe-mail is deleting some 250,000 accounts. But the agreement - see below does mention illegal activity and spammers so we can consider either of those reasons for deletion of an account and don't forget the FBI is doing its utmost to stop the darkweb functioning (did they sell more bitcoins the other day as the bitcoin's exchange rate has slumped dramatically).
Agreement

Dear Potential User,
Safe-mail is pleased to offer you the use of our Safe-mail e-mail system. You may use Safe-mail in ANY legal way for your personal, business or other needs. Safe-mail may terminate your access to Safe-mail upon violation of our terms. Our terms for using the system are set out below. By registering with us, a step that is necessary to gain access to the system, you indicate your agreement to these terms. Please read them carefully.

USE: Safe-mail grants you a right to use the Safe-mail system to send and receive e-mail, on the terms stated here. This is a license to use the system. There is no fee for this license.

OUR RIGHTS: All rights, title, and interest in the Safe-mail system, including related copyrights, trademark and other intellectual property rights, belong to Safe-mail This agreement confers no license or right, expressly, by implication, or otherwise, other than the licensed right of use.

PRIVACY: Safe-mail will not disclose information about you or your use of the Safe-mail system, unless Safe-mail believes that such action is necessary to comply with its legal requirements or process; enforce these terms; or protect the interests of Safe-mail, its members or others. You agree that Safe-mail may access your account, including its contents, for these reasons or for service or technical reasons. Please note that your Internet Protocol address is transmitted with each message sent from your account.

NO REPRESENTATIONS: The Safe-mail e-mail system is provided "as is," without any warranty or representation of any kind, either express or implied. We do not promise that the Safe-mail system will be uninterrupted, impenetrable, problem or virus-free. Safe-mail is not responsible for user generated content.

NO DAMAGES: In no event will we be liable to you or any third party for damages of any kind arising out of this agreement, or the use, inability to use, or termination of access to Safe-mail, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. This includes with respect to problems in sending or receiving, storage, or unauthorized access to or alteration of, transmissions or data. You agree that your sole remedy for any damage, is to discontinue using the Safe-mail system.

LIMITS AND LAW: You may not use Safe-mail in a way that is threatening, harmful, or invasive of the rights of other; for spamming, chain letters, pyramid schemes, junk mail, unsolicited advertising or bulk e-mail; or otherwise in a way that is damaging, offensive, or that creates a nuisance. Disguising the origin of transmitted content is prohibited. You agree to abide by all laws and regulations applicable to this agreement and use of the e-mail system. This agreement is made under and shall be construed according to the laws of the State of Israel and Israel's courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute related to the system or this agreement.

ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS: Use of Safe-mail is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance, without modification, of these terms. You may not sublicense or otherwise provide to any third party, the right granted in this license. This agreement does not entitle you to support or service, updates or future versions, or other Safe-mail products. Safe-mail, may terminate your access to Safe-mail at any time, without notice, for any reason. If you violate these terms, your right to use the e-mail system terminates automatically, and this is in addition to any other remedies available to us.

ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This is the complete agreement between us and it supersedes any information or representations you received relating to the Safe-mail system. All rights not specifically granted to you under this agreement, are reserved by Safe-mail

Signed,

Safe-mail

Martinr

New Email
I like that theory that they managed to lose 250,000 accounts. I do know there are a lot of spammers on safe mail and have been the target of many myself - averaging about 30 to 50 a day before safe-mail went down, it drove me crazy and my allowance would have been eaten up if I was away for a week I reckon. And most people selling on darkweb don't use safe-mail though buyers might. However, back to the 250,000 accounts and your idea that safe-mail may have lost them well then that could explain the delay as they try to get them all back. Don't tell the users in case they start demanding their money back? Just hope that of the accounts we have lost there were people who would probably think that their activity did not confirm with our policy codes... OMG I bought drugs from India so I could have breached that code...
Sorry safe-mail buying some drugs is legal though paypal who faints at the word aspirin would not be happy to hear that there are legal drugs as for it all drugs are illegal. Ever tried getting your pets medication without paying a huge vets bill and in some countries prescription charges are so high that why not import your drugs. And that is just one area of what could be perceived as illegal by overly cautious types. Is spamming illegal? I do know that for the recipients it is highly annoying as who wants all that stuff cluttering up your junk folder, inbox or whatever. Please spammers stop trying to get me to click on a link as I don't and please stop offering me erectile dysfunction stuff as I know legit sellers who won't scam me, but back to losing 250,000 accounts oops now that is careless...

"When asked if Safe-mail has received court orders issued by an Israeli court on behalf of a non-Israeli law enforcement agency, such as the FBI, Ofir replied with a short “Yes.” My followup email, asking if Safe-mail has the ability to decrypt information without a user’s key, went unanswered."

It's patently clear the official explanation for safe-mail being unavailable is far from the truth (i.e. a pack of lies) and the alternative explanations involving the FBI far more credible.

Who in their right mind would dream of using safe-mail again should it ever start up, other than to retrieve contacts or archived stuff?

JackJones

Valued Member
"When asked if Safe-mail has received court orders issued by an Israeli court on behalf of a non-Israeli law enforcement agency, such as the FBI, Ofir replied with a short “Yes.” My followup email, asking if Safe-mail has the ability to decrypt information without a user’s key, went unanswered."

It's patently clear the official explanation for safe-mail being unavailable is far from the truth (i.e. a pack of lies) and the alternative explanations involving the FBI far more credible.

Who in their right mind would dream of using safe-mail again should it ever start up, other than to retrieve contacts or archived stuff?
I hate being right I prefer to have my theories thrown out after being attacked and shown to be totally incorrect thanks Martinr couldn't you have shot down my theory and had me looking paranoid and stupid instead of confirming my fears that this is an FBI raid on our emails

Martinr

New Email
I hate being right I prefer to have my theories thrown out after being attacked and shown to be totally incorrect thanks Martinr couldn't you have shot down my theory and had me looking paranoid and stupid instead of confirming my fears that this is an FBI raid on our emails

Sorry about that. I'm slowly - well not so slowly - coming round to genuinely embracing the trustt no-one philosophy. And so when it comes to accepting the official, safe-mail version or an alternative, no matter how outrageous, I'll go for the latter. And your explanation is far more plausible than safe-mail's especially given the length of time this has gone on and the failure to give any meaningful updates. I won't say the silence is deafening, it's damning.

So pat yourself on the back rather than "beat yourself up", as the phrase goes.

JackJones

Valued Member
Sorry about that. I'm slowly - well not so slowly - coming round to genuinely embracing the trustt no-one philosophy. And so when it comes to accepting the official, safe-mail version or an alternative, no matter how outrageous, I'll go for the latter. And your explanation is far more plausible than safe-mail's especially given the length of time this has gone on and the failure to give any meaningful updates. I won't say the silence is deafening, it's damning.

So pat yourself on the back rather than "beat yourself up", as the phrase goes.
yeah but being right about this is no fun as think of all those out there who right now are thinking hell should I answer my door...
Buyers of what are merely prescription drugs or schedule IV controlled drug which isn't actually anything but a letter usually saying don't import this stuff in future are probably worried that they will be in trouble. Are the sale of Cuban cigars still banned in some countries?
While sellers of stuff are worried as well if what they are selling is on the high end of illegal. But then most will have employed encryption on safe mail if selling anything too bad.
Are the FBI after hitting everything that they feel is subversive as I would guess that most using safe mail won't be involved in the darknet
A rather shabby attempt to scare people from going on anything in order to buy anything illicit as maybe if people had an illicit pleasure the world would be chaos, and governments wouldn't get so much revenue in taxes.

Has anyone been able to contact them and get an updated estimate on the time it will take? I tried calling the number provided earlier in this thread and the person who answered had no idea what I was even inquiring about.
Anyone with the technical knowledge have a guess as to how long something like they're talking about would take to implement? Are we looking at another week.... or months and months?

Jewel

New Email
Hi, I just phoned them asking when it would be available again. Here's what the man answered: "Either by the end of this weekend or immediately after that."
Stay tuned and don't worry, folks!

JackJones

Valued Member
at long last some communication and maybe .. yes we will see safe mail again next week or so we are told
Fri Nov 20 07:40 EST 2015

We are sorry! Safe-mail is not ready yet.
Safe-mail.net is down for critical maintainance.

During the many and long days since the crash, we experience the wider version of Murphy's law: Anything that can go wrong, will—at the worst possible moment.
We know that apologies will not change anything, so in addition to our sincere apologies we are taking actions to make the system better.
Now we are in the final stages of putting everything together and hope Safe-mail.net will be available again not later then Tuesday, the 24th of November.
This will be a completely new system - new equipment, new operating system and recompiled system with small modifications to match the new environment. We hope to have a much stable system.
There will be other changes. The two main ones are: no self-registration and separate system for Premium users.
During the first weeks we will continue to work intensively on different aspect of the system. After that period, there will be one hour every week for maintenance. During that hour we would like user not to sign-in, though most of that time the system will be up and running. We will announce details soon.
We expect several issues:
1. Because of the long down time we expect higher rate of password lost. Normally, we can't help in such situation, but at this time we will do whatever is possible to help, mainly Premium users. Details will be published soon.
2. As a result of extensive cleanup in the list of users, we expect that some innocent users were removed as well. We kept ALL data and will published further information for those who lost their account.

JackJones

Valued Member
ok it is the 24th of November - and hope Safe-mail.net will be available again not later then Tuesday, the 24th of November - so where is bloody safe mail????????

Anony

New Email
Agreed. :yay: Somewhat operational. Everything is in-contact with mine (inbox, sent, archive).
Hopefully, Safe-mail will not disappear again for paid customers with a business (I'm excluded...
personal contact only).

Sorry Jack J, I slipped-in and snatched some of the popcorn.

compleo

Valued Member
Working for me now also,the last inbox date is Oct 24.I suppose since it was down i would not receive any mail.I was really dubious about it ever working again.

JackJones

Valued Member
Agreed. :yay: Somewhat operational. Everything is in-contact with mine (inbox, sent, archive).
Hopefully, Safe-mail will not disappear again for paid customers with a business (I'm excluded...
personal contact only).

Sorry Jack J, I slipped-in and snatched some of the popcorn.
that's ok I still have plenty here should you need some as after all this time I found I was getting a bit of watching my screen and getting sticky fingers on my keyboard so gave up on popcorn did eat all the Hershey's Fifth Avenues though

checho

New Email
webmail seems ok.

pop3 on 995 doesn't work on any of the previously known mail servers (pop.safe-mail.net, rimon.safe-mail.net, tamar.safe-mail.net, www.safe-mail.net).

Anybody got pop3 to work?

JackJones

Valued Member
still working and hey still getting spam but i did get a couple of real emails but people whose emails go lost if the interim have probably thought i had disappeared

JackJones

Valued Member
getting heaps of spam but safe mail was down so long that nothing from anyone else. Wouldnt mind the spam if it was interesting but none of it is

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
getting heaps of spam but safe mail was down so long that nothing from anyone else

That's a good point. The service was down long enough that legit email newsletters from services and companies that you wanted to receive may have been auto-unsubscribed.

JackJones

Valued Member
That's a good point. The service was down long enough that legit email newsletters from services and companies that you wanted to receive may have been auto-unsubscribed.
think next year I will save myself some money and not renew my safe mail account as I have a feeling that I have lost a lot of emails from people that actually mattered. You cant run a business when your email provider goes down for a month it isn't feasible even a very, very small business like mine

JackJones

Valued Member
is it just me or is anyone else having problems logging into safe mail? It was working fine yesterday morning but this afternoon it is saying that my password is wrong - what it was correct yesterday and I haven't changed it
I give up on safe mail is it totally feckin useless