Safe-Mail.eu Feedback

compleo

Valued Member
Safe-mail.nl is new to me & as i navigate my account i learn & find nice features.

FEATURES I LIKE:

• The start page has "quick links" on the right side which is very convenient.
  • Logs are deleted after 7 days.
  • IP'S not logged into headers.
  • e mail request receipt.
  • AV/AS.
  • Contacts are not auto saved.
  • Message is encrypted,but must upload a certificate.
  • No ads.

QUESTIONS:

• Regarding aliases,is there a minimum character length.Does it have to include special characters.How does this work,the user decides on 123xyzatsafe-mail.nl
  • Regarding e mail "request receipt".I checked the box,send an e mail as a test & i figured when i opened the e mail there would be a pop up window for me to acknowledge the e mail by checking a box.When i opened the e mail there was no way to acknowledge that i received the e mail.
  • In the capture,what is "sender+recipient mean.
    SAFE MAIL 1.JPG
  • Regarding the AV,the options in the drop down box are block,move,inbox,outbox,spam & trash.
    Ok,block is blocking the virus.If move is selected,where is it moved to,is it quarantined.What happens if inbox,outbox,spam or trash is selected?Is the virus only quarantined or is it removed.
  • The inbox,outbox,drafts,spam & trash pages.The drop down menu is covered with letters & drop down doesn't work.
    SAFE MAIL 3.JPG
  • What is
    safe mail 4.JPG
  • Date format,d which is day,m which is month,y which is year.What is
    safe mail 5.JPG
  • What kind of mechanism is in place & does the end user have any control over "Account hacking protection".Aren't mail accounts compromised rather than hacked.
POTENTIAL FEATURES:
  • Auto contact save enable/disable button.
  • Encrypted metadata & address book/contacts.
  • Encrypted message without having your own certificate.
  • Pop up alert for new e mail.
Safe.mail.nl is a fine e mail provider & i would certainly recommend without any reservations.

Last edited:

Safe-Mail.eu

Email Service Provider
Safe-mail.nl is new to me & as i navigate my account i learn & find nice features.

FEATURES I LIKE:

• The start page has "quick links" on the right side which is very convenient.
  • Logs are deleted after 7 days.
  • IP'S not logged into headers.
  • e mail request receipt.
  • AV/AS.
  • Contacts are not auto saved.
  • Message is encrypted,but must upload a certificate.
  • No ads.

The longer you work with it, the more features you will find ;)

QUESTIONS:

• Regarding aliases,is there a minimum character length.Does it have to include special characters.How does this work,the user decides on 123xyzatsafe-mail.nl

Minimum is 3 characters and no special characters allowed except minus (-) and dot (.)

• Regarding e mail "request receipt".I checked the box,send an e mail as a test & i figured when i opened the e mail there would be a pop up window for me to acknowledge the e mail by checking a box.When i opened the e mail there was no way to acknowledge that i received the e mail.

You are right, it does not seem to work out of the Safe-Mail system. Within it works just fine. Gonna put that on the list.

This means the following. With sender you can put in an email address you already own (safe-mail.net, hushmail whatever) and after you have confirmed it you can use that email address in your Safe-Mail system. Only replies to those messages will drop in your external mailbox. You can also import a certificate of that specific email address or request one through our certificate issuer.
Sender + recipient means that you create a new Safe-Mail account which can be used in your main Safe-Mail system. So you can send messages with that alias, but receive the replies in your main account.

• Regarding the AV,the options in the drop down box are block,move,inbox,outbox,spam & trash.
    Ok,block is blocking the virus.If move is selected,where is it moved to,is it quarantined.What happens if inbox,outbox,spam or trash is selected?Is the virus only quarantined or is it removed.

I'm going to come back on this one. The virus will be moved into our quarantine and will be examined and eventually deleted by a cronjob.

• The inbox,outbox,drafts,spam & trash pages.The drop down menu is covered with letters & drop down doesn't work.

Looks like you are running a very low resolution or are watching it on your phone/tablet. In that case you should be automatically redirect to our mobile version.

Those are forwarding options. You can forward your email to another email address.

• Date format,d which is day,m which is month,y which is year.What is

This is a 24H time format with leading zeros. That mean the time block starts with 2 zeros. Like 00, 01, 02 etc.

• What kind of mechanism is in place & does the end user have any control over "Account hacking protection".Aren't mail accounts compromised rather than hacked.

It is just a little neat feature that if someone tries to break in your account by guessing, you'll get an email of it with specific information who is trying to break in. Nothing special, just a feature :)

POTENTIAL FEATURES:
  • Auto contact save enable/disable button.
  • Encrypted metadata & address book/contacts.

Yeah, the big discussion about encrypted metadata. Personally i think it is almost impossible to send encrypted metadata to an outside mailserver. When you do that, the receiving party can't read the encrypted metadata so it does not know where the message belongs. Most likely the mail will get bounced.
But that's my vision about this. If there is a way to send it encrypted without problems, I'm would be honored to hear something about it.

• Encrypted message without having your own certificate.

If we do this then we have the key to decrypt in our possession. This is what we do not want. As a user you have your own responsibility about your private key.

• Pop up alert for new e mail.

Bro, didn't you check out our software? It connects to your mailbox and when a new mail has been received your browser pops up automatically and lands into your mailbox. No questions asked :) and of course we have push notifications for your phone/tablet. You can use a Safe-Mail account like it is an company exchange account.

Safe.mail.nl is a fine e mail provider & i would certainly recommend without any reservations.

Thank you for your kind words...we will try to do our best to innovate our system.

compleo

Valued Member
Bro, didn't you check out our software? It connects to your mailbox and when a new mail has been received your browser pops up automatically and lands into your mailbox. No questions asked

I sent an e mail to safe-mail.nl but received no notice.I was not logged in so not if that makes a difference.

Is there an account inactivity limit?

Safe-Mail.eu

Email Service Provider
I sent an e mail to safe-mail.nl but received no notice.I was not logged in so not if that makes a difference.

Is there an account inactivity limit?

Did you downloaded the software? You can fill in the amount of time that it checks the mailbox. Mine is 5 minutes. So it has an interval of 5 minutes.

bburg

Valued Member
Please keep up some space on the left side of the compose window (when composing a message in plain text).

Safe_mail_compose.JPG

bburg

Valued Member
Can I move widgets to another position on the start screen? It's becoming a mess now since I played with it.
And what does the Reset button do on the widgets screen? It seems to do nothing.

Safe-Mail.eu

Email Service Provider
Sure you can move the widgets to the places you want. And reset means it goes back to default the way we have installed this....should be working though.