Receiving Emails when laptop is off

Kukui

New Email
Each night I turn off my laptop before I go to bed, the next day I turn it on to check my emails. I can only receive the emails that are sent when my laptop is on, I do not get the emails that were sent while my laptop was off. I've tried resetting my email account and I also uninstalled and reinstalled Incredimail 2.5. I even went as far as asking Geek Support for help (paid them $190.00 but they could not resolve this problem). I also have Incredimail on my desktop, and there is no problem there. Please help! I've had my laptop for over 2 years and did not have this problem before.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have another computer or device that is downloading your email while the laptop is off?

Also, please try changing your password in case the other access is from a 3rd party.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

Kukui

New Email
Thank you for replying popowich...I uninstalled Incredimail then reinstalled it again then I rebooted my laptop. After signing on to Incredimail I had to go through the whole process of creating an account. It seemed to have helped, I am now receiving my emails on my laptop with no problem.

Kukui

New Email
I'm not sure what they did, but they did say that they could not resolve the issue and that they would have to uninstall Incredimail. They instead installed Mozilla Thunderbird. They said that it was much better then Incredimail. But that did not help at all. I still couldn't receive my emails when my laptop was off. So I decided to reinstall Incredimail and uninstall Thunderbird.