Real-Time email backup

christcomes

New Email
My company uses SmarterMail 4.3 for email. The mandatory setup is that all email is downloaded from the server using Windows Live Mail 2011 via pop and the server copy is erased. We do have IMAP capability but the company will not permit it because they fear that IMAP will cause the servers to run out of disk-space and hog bandwidth.

I'm a cloud person and fear that one day a crocodile will eat my company-issued laptop and leave me with no email backup in the cloud. I can of course periodically save my email exports to a thumbdrive but that is so stone age.

My challenge is, how do I backup in real-time all my email (inbox/sent/ etc..) to the cloud or mirror my email account (inbox + sent as well!) to another account on the fly without having to periodically do anything?

I lost all my emails recently when I clicked on the "-" button in the Apple Mail Settings page! Almost a year's worth of emails and it went in less than a second!

So I looked for a way to backup my email constantly and found this service DropMyEmail . Have any of you guys used it?

It looks simple enough to use and they claim to be free. Are there any hidden charges?

Any feedback in this regard would be extremely useful.

Regards,

Kumaran

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

I use Mozy for my online backups.

You can create exports of your email as needed on your computer, and then all files, not just email files, get backed up in case your computer crashes.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

christcomes

New Email
Hello,

I use Mozy for my online backups.

You can create exports of your email as needed on your computer, and then all files, not just email files, get backed up in case your computer crashes.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

Hi Popo,

Our goal is not to backup email in that way. Because you still need to always run a backup and your email is not readily readable on the cloud. You still need to download the export and import into a client. The idea is to simply continuously backup all email in a readily readable format on the cloud which you can access from any browser.