Questionable Emails

martha

New Email
Received 2 e-mails subject Update HOTMAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE which seems somewhat questionable. The contents read: Our email address is changing. To insure you continue to receive important emails, regarding your Hotmail service, you will need to confirm your Email by filling out your Login Info below after clicking the reply button or your account will be Automatically changed & suspended within 24 hours for security reasons. The info they want is Full Name; User Name; Password; Date of Birth; Country or Territory. These 2 emails came from different addresses. The 1st was from roberscruggs@hotmail.com & the 2nd one was from shaggy443@live.com. Is there any way you can let me know if this is legitament? I do not want my account suspended but I am not comfortable with giving out my password either, and they should know my user ID as they sent me the email. Thank you.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi martha,

The emails are phishing scams. It is an attempt by a hacked/spammer to steal your account. Report the email as phishing/spam and then delete it. Never reply to a suspicious email like the above with any of your personal information.

:welcome: to Email Questions!