question about Hotmail folder

curious

New Email
Hello,
I am new here and have few question
just want to ask you we have choice to make different folders in hotmail my question/question is/are is this possible to put any password on them if yes then please also tell me the procedure and is this possible to hide them means don't want to visible on your left hand.

Can we have same email account with different name like if my account is curious@hotmail.com and I change it xyz@hotmail.com etc

Its difficult to forward all message in othere email aacount so this this possible to send all emails in one go HOW?

Can we temporally close or deactivate our hotmail account like facebook and get all emails again without loosing anything.

Thanks in advance :) :thanks:
My English is not good hope You can understand and reply my questions

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi curious,

No, it is not possible within Hotmail to place a password on a folder and associate it with a different email address.

That's an interesting feature having a master email account with IMAP folders that are the INBOX for other email email addresses.

There are some virtual domain applications such as vpopmail that could be used to easily set this up if you hosted the email on a Linux server instead of Hotmail.

There is also some scripting called IMAP Tools that could be used to sync the folders from a master account to the inboxes of other email addresses.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

curious

New Email
bundle of thanks
but don't get it
even we can't put these folder in USB???
I want to change my account but want all my emails in that new account so i have to forward all mails one by one?
OMG its so difficult

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Curious,

I misread the intent in your original question.

Add both accounts as IMAP accounts in a mail program such as Mozilla Thunderbird.

Then you can use a single copy action to copy all of the email from the original to the new email account.