Problems configuring Yahoo to go to Outlook 2007

KELLISON

New Email
I'm hoping someone can help. I've searched the forum and cannot find the answers. I'm trying to get my Yahoo email to download into Outlook.

I installed Ypops this morning and it worked the first time and dumped over 200 emails into my Outlook 2007. However, since the initial dump, I am not receiving my Yahoo emails into my Outlook.
  • Outlook 2007
  • Vista Ultimate
  • I setyo a new email acct in Outlook for Yahoo to point to incoming and outgoing server of 127.0.0.1 for POP3 per instructions on this site.
  • Ypops is running.
  • Outgoing server is checked for SMTP requires auth.
  • Incoming POP3 server is POP2 110 and outgoing is SMTP 25
  • If i run a Test account settings, i get 'operation timed out waiting for a response from receiving server'
Since it worked once, I feel I'm on sort of the correct path, but can't figure out what is stopping it from working now. Nothing has changed since the inital download of the 200 emails from yahoo.

Thanks in advance.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi KELLISON,

Welcome to Email Questions! :welcome:

Yes, I agree that if it worked once you are on the correct path.

Here is our guide for configuring Microsoft Outlook with YPOPS:

http://www.emailquestions.com/yahoo...e-your-free-yahoo-mail-account-work-pop3.html

Is it possible that you have a firewall or anti-virus program that is causing a problem by blocking the connections? Try disabling them for a couple minutes to rule them out. Don't forge to re enable them! You can also try a reboot if you did not reboot after installing YPOPS.

-Raymond

KELLISON

New Email
Thank you. I followed the instructions in the link you provided to setup my Ypops originally.

I also just rebooted and turned off Norton Anti-virus, but still not receiving Yahoo emails into Outlook. The message now is Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks,
k-

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Long story short is that YPOPS is not officially supported by Yahoo and that many people have problems trying to use it. If it works for you, great! If it doesn't work for you and you would like pop3 access to your Yahoo account you may need to purchase Yahoo Mail Plus. If you want free pop3 access and don't care if your address changes I recommend using creating a free gmail account.

-Raymond