Problem with scroll bar

thequestioner

New Email
When I try to read a complete email I recieve I cannot do it because the scroll bar is so long. Before this happened it was only about a half inch long and I could scroll down to read the entire message. Hope you can help.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I'm not sure I understand the exact problem but it sounds like the scroll bar on the right side of your screen is severely shorted when you receive a large e-mail and it is hard to use the scroll bar to work your way down the message? Do you have a wheel on your mouse? I use the mouse wheel to scroll down my screens instead of trying to use the mouse to drag the right side scroll bar. If the problem is something else please let us know and we'll be more than happy to offer some more suggestions.

-Raymond

thequestioner

New Email
I'm not sure I understand the exact problem but it sounds like the scroll bar on the right side of your screen is severely shorted when you receive a large e-mail and it is hard to use the scroll bar to work your way down the message? Do you have a wheel on your mouse? I use the mouse wheel to scroll down my screens instead of trying to use the mouse to drag the right side scroll bar. If the problem is something else please let us know and we'll be more than happy to offer some more suggestions.

-Raymond

Response from thequestioner;
I do not have a wheel on my mouse that I can use to scroll down- since the computor I use is in the computer room of a senior center I cannot change it for a mouse that has a center wheel. In any case I do not think that is the problem until a few days ago I was happily recieving emails with scroll bars a half inch long and I was able to scroll down to read the full message eithor by dragging down the half inch scroll bar or holding down the down arrow on the keyboard. Now the scroll bar has been lengthened so I can move down only a few inches whither I try to drag the scroll bar using the mouse or holding down the down arrow on the keyboard - Help please!:mad::eek:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
What mail program or web browser are you using to check your e-mail?

I can check the view/scroll settings for your web browser or mail program if I know which one you are using.

-Raymond

thequestioner

New Email
I tried to get info on web browser by using search I got about 80 responses the two type ones where:
webbrowser.py C:/Program Files/Corel/Co....
Web TV.browser C:/Windows/Microsoft.Ne
This senior center has eight computors and I tried a number of them with the same results.
thequestioner

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

If you are using Internet Explorer try using Mozilla Firefox.

If you are using Mozilla Firefox try using Internet Explorer.

If you are currently using neither of those try with either one of them. :)

To start narrowing down this problem lets figure out if it is an issue related to your web browser and which specific web browser(s) are having the problem.

-Raymond

thequestioner

New Email
Raymond
Thanks for your suggestions I will try out the local library to see if I have the same problem on their computers - I can' do anything about switching browsers on our computers here into I can see our local computor geek.
Regards,
thequestioner

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
OK. Please let us know how it goes so people with the same problem can find the answer here.

Thank you,
-Raymond