Possible to import emails from godaddy account

fearmydesign

Valued Member
Good morning everyone! Does anyone know if it is possible to import emails that I've had on a GoDaddy email account into my new webmail client?

basically I want to take my email history from the old email account I was using with GoDaddy into my new RoundCube email.

I guess I could jsut Forward each email separately but that would take forever! :)

Thank you
Regards

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Getting them to a different webmail service might be tough. If the service does not have have the ability to check other POP3 accounts you probably can't transfer the email directly. A Gmail account for example can check other pop3 and imap based email accounts for free. You'll probably need to download most of the Godaddy email to your computer. At Godaddy move all of your email into your inbox. Forward the ones you really want at the new webmail provider to the new email account. Then configure a mail program on your computer such as Mozilla Thunderbird or Outlook Express to download the remaining email from Godaddy to your computer. Does this sound like a reasonable solution to you?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Give me a little bit to download and install Roundcube - Free webmail for the masses

In the past I have used Horde + IMP for a linux based webmail client.

It looks like you are really trying to migrate email from your Godaddy account to your own Linux server not a 3rd party?

Or is someone else providing the roundcube based webmail hosting for your email accounts?

fearmydesign

Valued Member
You are correct, I am trying to migrate all of my emails stored with godaddy to my own server (Roundcube) so I can start using my personal email account and stop using the godaddy email account and close it down. I just want an easy way of transferring my email history from godaddy.

Thank you for your help.
Regards,

PS. I have to say that I am amazed at your willingness to help users from this forum. This will keep me and others coming back often, and hopefully I can contribute, once I learn a bit more about all this. Thanks again

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Does your existing Godaddy email plan support IMAP?

Roundcube looks to be the same idea as IMP, it's a web based email client.

Any migration of email from Godaddy to your server depends more on what mail server you are running.

What MTA are you using on the Linux server, what mailbox format are you using, etc?