Please introduce yourself to E-Mail Questions

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

I'm Ray, the owner and admin of EmailQuestions.com.

I created this forum because I have been looking for a new project to work on and wanted something that would both be a forum topic I am interested in and can answer questions about, but also be a forum topic that most people are familiar with. I started answering an e-mail question a few days ago and it hit me like the latest e-mail virus :)eek:), why not start an e-mail questions forum? With some help from yukon I had some domain names picked up later that day and EQ was up and running that night!

I am a SR. UNIX Systems Administrator for a large phone company in the northeast United States. I dabble in many things, but a lot of my day revolves around administrating and supporting DNS and e-mail servers. The majority of my experience is with qmail based servers, but I can usually figure out problems with other unix based packages too.

Anyway, I'm excited to have my latest project up and running!

-Raymond

yukon

Valued Member
Hello,

I've known Ray for a few years . . . when I was beginning to learn a few of the ins and outs of the *nix OSes he was always there to offer a helpful "RTFM" whenever I had a question about something. About 8 years ago I built my first non-windows mail server (of course it was qmail). After a few weeks and lots of help from Ray, I had a simple webmail environment on top of it.

Now network and server engineer in my own right, I still rely on Ray's (and others) invaluable advise on various projects. I look forward to seeing this sight grow and become a future repository for budding admins and discouraged users alike.

--Yukon / Aaron --

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
Big Dan over and out

Hey Folks,

Big Dan here from a little town in upstate New York called Eldred. I found this site through Ray whom I met at a vBulletin help site and eventually sold a forum to. Since then I've served as a moderator on that site as well as a few others. I also own a DJ Forum which is my "pride and joy" at least till have a few kids. :)

I'm a self professed forum junkie, I enjoy owning/admin-ing, participating and socializing in all sorts of forums though mostly music and geek stuff. I believe forums are on of the easiest and non-intrusive ways to learn and socialize online.

Other than that I own a few blog sites and am in the middle of starting two new blog projects in addition to restarting two old projects it's going be a busy winter. I hate the cold anyhow at least I should make my time productive.

Offline, I enjoy spending time with my family, hanging out with friends, music, computers, the outdoors, nature, and have a love of learning. I swear if I could figure out how to make learning a career, I'd be filthy rich.

That's it for me for now. :)

-Dan

Raven

Valued Member
Raven Flying In

Raven flying in from Maryland. Always up for learning something new. Nice place you have here. Keep up the good work.