Please help solve this unexplainable hotmail problem and save my marriage

edr

New Email
I have noticed that I have 40 random emails i have sent over the last 9 years in my drafts folder under a date last year. This has caused me problems with my wife as it appears that i wrote a draft email to my ex girlfriend last year after we were married but i know it is from before. Some of the drafts go back years. Please could you tall me how this could have happened to save my marriage cause it just looks like i'm lying?! There are 42 drafts dated 14 Aug 2014 and none of the mails could have been drafted or sent on those dates. I dont know if it is relevant but that is the date I got a smart phone and integrated the iphone mail function with my hotmail. Im absolutely lost and have no explanation!!?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Until you mentioned the iPhone I was going to guess that it might have had something to do with an account restore or email migration of your mailbox to a new mail server within the same service provider.

Maybe the iPhone opened the email on the first sync. Is this for a Hotmail account?

It should be easy enough to reproduce this behavior if it's still true for Outlook.com

That plus the receipt showing the iPhone purchase on that day I'd think will help you out.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I asked Microsoft Support and they gave this response:

It could have been an error when the drafts were loaded into Outlook on the iPhone, since the same date appears on all of the drafts and not just one. If all the draft messages give this date, it would be a better indicator of that error.