Please help, deactivated account and deleted email

gnoelmus

New Email
Hi

I am desperately looking for anyone who has any idea how can I get Yahoo to restore emails to my account which was inactive for >3 months, and now all the mail has been deleted. The data in the account was part of a research that took over a year of hard work to collect and now its all gone. Tried contacting yahoo customer care but they don't seem to be helpful, and say that the information cannot be retrieved. Surely there is a backup somewhere in a Yahoo server where they can find it. If anyone has any ideas or knows someone who can help, I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

If the account was unused long enough to become deactivated and the mail is gone. It's not Yahoo's job to backup millions of free email accounts. This is probably not the answer you are looking for but it is likely the reality. Gmail has the longest inactivity time if you want to stick with free email accounts. With Gmail you can also download the mails to your computer for free and back them up going forward.

-Raymond

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
The current inactivity limit is 4 months.

If you do not login for 4 months the account will be deactivated and all emails will be lost.