Pictures are removed from forwarded e-mails

jhl385

New Email
I've used AOL for my email for years and I also have Gmail. But with AOL when I forward email with graphics or pics, they don't show when received.
Also, when I reply to an email, the resulting reply is spaced out, like triple space between lines.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
John

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Re: AOL mail problems

Hello,

I use the AOL web based client and not the full install of the AOL Desktop.

I have double checked all of the settings and their online support forums and do not see any way to default to including images when forwarding an e-mail.

After doing several tests I noticed that this issue only seems to apply to images with a JPG extension. PNG and other image types can be forwarded with no problem.

My best answer at the moment is to download the JPG picture attachments to your computer and then reattach them to the e-mail after you click the forward button.

I will check directly with AOL and see if I can a better solution from them for forwarding e-mails that have JPG images attached.

-Raymond

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

I am continuing to investigate this issue but AOL Help appears to have the same solution that I arrived at about downloading the attachment and then uploading and attaching it to the new reply/forward.

-Raymond

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

The following is a response that should help clarify things for you:

We are actually not blocking any specific images type -- or treat images
type differently.

I asked the QA team to look at this and also did tests and we are unable
to reproduce what has been claimed below.

However the behavior is a bit clunky in parts because of us disabling
the pictures integration I suppose.

Having said this, this is how it should work -- regardless of image type:

*Truly embedded images (ie images which are part of the mail body as
separate mime part and displayed inline):

* _Reply_: Image will be removed (Text will be inserted instead
stating so). Due to AOL Pictures disabled we can not support
"embedded images currently"
* _Forward_: Images are still attached to the mail and will be
preserved. However, the mail -- where they were displayed inline
before -- says "Image removed". While this is true from an visual
perspective, it might be misleading and might cause some of the
confusion and questions we see. This will be fixed with Ibiza

*References images (ie images displayed inline, but actually referenced
in html via http and living on other servers)
- _Reply/Forward_: Images and their disposition within the mail should
be preserved.
I tried another test message with a JPG attached.

When I forward it to Gmail I still get the "image removed" notice but the picture does make it to Gmail:

AOL JPG Attachment.JPG

It appears the final answer is to ignore the "image removed" notice and everything should work out OK.

-Raymond

kforkate

New Email
I've used AOL for my email for years and I also have Gmail. But with AOL when I forward email with graphics or pics, they don't show when received.
Also, when I reply to an email, the resulting reply is spaced out, like triple space between lines.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
John
:(
I too have the same problem John - i used to have no problem but now all my pictures are removed, text is spaced out ridiculously and links dont work. Have trawled thru aol help but cant find any answer. My colleague is not having same problem but cant see what difference is
:hammer:
Kate

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Kate,

If you download the picture, click forward, and then attach it to the new forward does it send OK?

It should send OK, even if it appears that the image was removed again.

-Raymond

kforkate

New Email
Hi Kate,

If you download the picture, click forward, and then attach it to the new forward does it send OK?

It should send OK, even if it appears that the image was removed again.

-Raymond

Will try this - if it is attachment they send ok, it is just when pic is in text, problem is some e mails dont look at all right if the inserted picture with text underneath has to be a separate attachment!
What is the situation with Links not being carried over when an e mail is forwarded?
thanks
Kate
:hammer: