phantom message

Milo

New Email
I am currently running Safari 3.12 on my Mac and using Yahoo mail. The inbox says that I have 1 unread message. A check of all of the e-mails received, and all of the files shows that this is incorrect. If I go to the inbox and use the drop-down menu to access "unread e-mails", it shows that there are "no unread e-mails". How do I get rid of the "!" notification? How do I access (or get rid of) this phantom message?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Milo,

How many messages are in your inbox?

Is it possible that you have more than one page of e-mails in your inbox and that the unread message is on the second page?

Last edited:

Milo

New Email
Hi Raymond,
I do have more than one page of e-mails, but I have checked them about 50 times. I also think that when I go to the inbox and click on "View" "All messages" I should be able to pull up the unread one if I click on "unread messages". Unfortunately, nothing emerges. It says "No unread messages"!
Puzzling....
Milo

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Milo,

There is a Yahoo bug that some Yahoo mail members have been experiencing. If you are not able to locate the message by trying to view all unread messages (as you have already done) then this should be a bug that will clear itself soon. Give it a few days and the unread message status should disappear. If it's not too much trouble, please let us know how many days it takes for this problem to fix itself within your account.

Thank you. :)

Last edited:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Milo,

Are you using Yahoo Classic Mail or the newer Yahoo mail?

In the new mail you can click the "I" to move your unread messages to the top of your inbox.

Yahoo Sort Unread Messages.JPG

I just wanted to make sure you tried this too before waiting for a common bug to clear itself.

Last edited:

Milo

New Email
Hi Raymond,
I am using Yahoo classic (Canada). I have had this "phantom message" for about a month now. I can't wait for it to disappear!
Thanks so much for all of your help.
Milo

Milo

New Email
It resolved itself on December 5. Most annoying little notice---lasted for a little over a month! Thanks to everyone who made suggestions.
Milo

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Thank you for confirming that the solution is to be patient while the problem resolves itself.

Last edited: