password recovery assistant

fennie

New Email
I had not used my chrome browser to access my mail.com email for about 3 weeks. When i tried to access it recently, it tells me wrong email password combination. I am still able to access the email using mobile app as the password was keyed in some time ago.
I emailed the technical support which directed me to the same contact form - claiming that it is the password recovery assistant - pls see screen capture shot below.
I am unable to receive any other assistance to log in to my account or reset the password.
Would appreciate if anyone has any input. Thanks!
upload_2015-12-10_19-57-48.png

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Yes, it's true that the page at http://service.mail.com/forgotPassword.html is the only resource available for free accounts to try and recover if they lose access.

This is one of the dangers of using a free email account. If something happens, there is generally limited support and users risk losing their account and old emails.

compleo

Valued Member
On bottom right of screenshot it shows your SSID #,don't know if this makes a difference.

I don't use chrome but some browsers save passwords.Check if it was saved to view it.