outlook express e-mail

chili34

New Email
I use Windows Live mail but outllok express still resides in my PC. The last item in OE is dated 4/2009. My problem is that I am being denied access to OE and cannot delete the mail that sits there.It seems that my yahoo password is the cause of the problem. But my original yahoo password (from sbc global.net) is not accepted.
This OE problem also prevents me from attaching photos to e-mails as when I try I get a message access denied. Yahoo is NOT my default address now, however it was when I used the ATT/Yahoo browser.
Any ideas how to tackle this issue?
Chili34
Windows XP SP3
Windows IE browser

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Do you need to change your default email program away from Outlook Express and remove the old email account from OE? It seems to me that making those two changes should fix the problems that you are having with Windows Live Mail. Am I correct that you no longer want to use OE for anything?

-Raymond

chili34

New Email
I 'm sorry, but I have fussed over this e-mail problem for hours and my mind has gone blank. Where do I go to deselect OE as default?
I really believe that this problem I have is somehow related to ATT/yahoo and sbcglobal.net. Originally I had a password for Att/Yahoo/sbcglobal but I no longer use their browser and now I have this problem.Oh, and I did delete and reenter my Yahoo address but that did not help.:hammer:

chili34

New Email
My PC must have some internal problem. I click on the change to anything but Live and my screen just sits their with the hourglass and does nothing. I have to repeatedly click on "program not responding". I think I need a new box. Know of any cheap PC buys now?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Don't give up on the computer yet! Which antivirus, spyware, and firewall programs do you have installed? I prefer avast, spybot, and zone alarm. You'll need to watch the screens and make sure you don't install any unnecessary toolbars and other programs along with the free version of those 3 links. Also, have you tried an alternate web browser such as Mozilla or Chrome?

-Raymond

chili34

New Email
I'm using Kaspersky internet security 2010 and Windows Defender.
I have trisd Google Chrome and Firefox but I prefer the MSN IE as a home page/browser combined.

Somewher in this PC it is looking for a password/address combined, but I sure do not know where it is at. And the more I fuss with this issue the more the PC gives me problems.
The PC is :
Dell Dimension 8250 with XP HP SP3
My mail program is Live Hotmail and it seems to be working fine. It's just that I cannotsend e-mail pix as I get that Invalid password etc. message.:hammer:

chili34

New Email
I did use OE before Live came on line, But nowhere do I se the old OE account. Unless I go to start/all programs/OE

Then I access the OE mail that has been lying around since 4/2009. But I cannot do any action because of the error message. I'll try to send a screen shot but I'm not sure it will work.

chili34

New Email
When the error meage appears I am unsble to access anything until I close OE.
Here's the mesage:
(green box)
line1--Outlook Express
2--Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks --Please***
message box: Tasks errors
Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP Server. Account:"Hotmail",Server:http://services.msn.com/svcs//hotmail.asp:Protocol:HTTPmail,serverResponse:'Forbidden'. ,Server Response:'Forbidden'.Port 0. secure (SSL): No,Server Error 998, Socket Error 87
Error Number 0X800CCC33

Hope this is of some help
Thanks

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
But you don't want any accounts in OE, right?

Use this to find and delete them :

http://www.emailquestions.com/outlook-express/971-do-i-add-delete-account-outlook-express.html

If you really do want to check Hotmail from OE or another email program you'll want to disable that old HTTP connection account and configure a pop3 connection :

http://www.emailquestions.com/hotmail/227-do-i-configure-my-hotmail-msn-email-account-work-pop3.html

Backup any email in OE before deleting any of the accounts that you have configured.

-Raymond

chili34

New Email
I use only Live mail. OE is leftover from 6 months ago. I do not find any OE accounts active. But the OE screen does show when I click OE in the "all programs" listing. However I can do nothing with the mail that is left over as it indicates I am not a user. I do not know where OE hides the accounts and passwords as none are displayed in the Accounts (under tools) when I'm in OE.

The error mesage I get is typed in an earier reply.:hammer:

chili34

New Email
I guess I have not been clear in what my problem with Outlook Express is
There is no way for me to "get into" OE as it is looking for a user and password combo that is unknown to me. None of my mail accounts show any OE. I use only Windows Live (outlook??) But left over on my PC, if I click on OE in the programs list, I see an old OE inbox with mail from April 2009. I can not access it because of the message I get (typed in manually above) I am not able to get a screen shot because the screen freezes.

I am very appreciative of everyones interest in this problem, but I feel that only microsoft can explain what is happening. However MS does not provide live help for their products if installed by the PC maker so we just work around the item.

Last edited: