Outlook 2011 for Mac SMTP problems

Pangerho

New Email
I'm using Outlook 2011 for Mac and I can receive Yahoo emails relatively consistently -- the push function doesn't tend to work very well, but I usually get emails in Outlook within 5-10 minutes of them showing up in the browser -- but the send function seems horribly broken.

Most of the time, it won't send any emails automatically. Every once in a while when I send an email it goes automatically, but I generally get a message that my password is wrong (which is obviously untrue because I am receiving emails...) and asks if I want to reenter it. If I say no enough times, it will sometimes send, but it generally just repeats the password problem message about every 60 seconds. If I say Yes and reenter the password, sometimes it sends and sometimes it doesn't.

If I click on the Send/receive button, it almost never works -- the best work around I've found is to open the send/receive menu and select Send All. That works about 80% of the time.

I don't know if this a setting problem, a Yahoo problem, or an Outlook problem, but I do know it is driving me nuts.

Anyone else having the same experience? Anyone have solutions or suggestions?